UX Researcher - Education
Palo Alto, CA
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities.
To support this mission, our Technology team builds products for educators and students; designs algorithms and builds infrastructure for scientists; and designs new ways of mining vast quantities of data and modeling populations for our work in political advocacy. As our UX Researcher for Education, you will be embedded with the product team building technology that supports personalized learning in classrooms. If you are mission-driven and are committed to building transformative technologies, we want to hear from you.
The position is full-time and based in our Palo Alto headquarters.
- Help the Product organization better understand the attitudes and behaviors of teachers and students
- Collaborate with and identify the research needs of product managers, designers, engineers, and stakeholders
- Lead both foundational and evaluative research that informs product strategy, product design, and development
- Convey insights in clear, illustrative ways that help the team learn about classroom behavior, inspire new ideas, and encourage design iteration
- Adapt the optimal approach to qualitative user research based product goals, timelines, and our fast-growing Technology team
- Build a library of insights over time for the organization to continually reference
- 4+ years experience in applied product research
- Experience in qualitative methods: interviews, contextual inquiry, focus groups, diary study, concept/usability evaluation
- Experience in quantitative methods: surveys, statistical analysis, experimentation
- Strong communication skills among cross-functional teams and leadership, as well as analytical thinking
- Proficiency in asking and answering the right questions to tell a clear stories about people
- Prior experience working with educators and students preferred
- You thrive in fast-paced, growing organizations
- You are passionate about gaining insight into the needs of the user, especially in education
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equal opportunity. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.