University Recruiting Manager
Palo Alto, CA
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities.
To support this mission, our Recruiting Team identifies and hires a diverse workforce tasked with building transformative technologies that will advance science and education. As the Manager of University Recruiting, you will be responsible for defining, launching, and overseeing the inaugural University Recruiting program. This is a hands on role that will continue to grow over time. If you are mission-driven and are committed to building a world class organization, we want to hear from you.
The position is full-time and based in our Palo Alto headquarters.
- Partner with key stakeholders to determine hiring needs and define a strategy for hiring new grads and interns across all functions
- Build and execute a university program with our company mission and values in mind - especially with a focus on diversity and promoting equal opportunity
- Compile and analyze data to establish success metrics to improve hiring throughput and candidate experience
- Present goals and drive decisions with leaders of all levels, while executing recruiting plans with key deliverables
- Develop and manage the full-cycle recruiting process for new graduates and interns, and maintain a high offer acceptance rate by providing an outstanding candidate experience
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with student organizations, career services staff, faculty, alumni, and diversity groups
- Lead the organization and planning for on- and off-campus events, including interviews, career fairs, information sessions, and networking opportunities
- Track and manage a college recruiting budget
- 5+ years of university recruiting program management, including at least 2 years of management experience
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Experience with building and managing teams, with the ability to influence
- Must be a strategic leader who is data oriented
- Works well within a highly ambiguous, ever changing environment
- Creative and resourceful with the knack for building and streamlining processes
- Passionate about community building and promoting equal opportunity
- Previous experience with building and scaling a team in a hyper-growth environment is highly desirable
- Flexibility to travel during peak recruiting cycles
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equal opportunity. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.