University Recruiting Manager
Palo Alto, CA
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity through technology, grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing world-class engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands how to address our society’s challenges better than those who live them everyday. These partners help us identify problems and opportunities, learn fast and iterate toward our audacious goals for the next century. We strive to be humble, empathetic and scrappy life-long learners who work collaboratively to develop community-centered solutions.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups -- women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
To support this mission, our Recruiting Team identifies and hires a diverse workforce tasked with building transformative technologies that will advance science and education. As the Manager of University Recruiting, you will be responsible for defining, launching, and overseeing the inaugural University Recruiting program. This is a hands on role that will continue to grow over time. If you are mission-driven and are committed to building a world class organization, we want to hear from you.
The position is full-time and based in our Palo Alto headquarters.
- Partner with key stakeholders to determine hiring needs and define a strategy for hiring new grads and interns across all functions
- Build and execute a university program with our company mission and values in mind - especially with a focus on diversity and promoting equal opportunity
- Compile and analyze data to establish success metrics to improve hiring throughput and candidate experience
- Present goals and drive decisions with leaders of all levels, while executing recruiting plans with key deliverables
- Develop and manage the full-cycle recruiting process for new graduates and interns, and maintain a high offer acceptance rate by providing an outstanding candidate experience
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with student organizations, career services staff, faculty, alumni, and diversity groups
- Lead the organization and planning for on- and off-campus events, including interviews, career fairs, information sessions, and networking opportunities
- Track and manage a college recruiting budget
- 5+ years of university recruiting program management, including at least 2 years of management experience
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Experience with building and managing teams, with the ability to influence
- Must be a strategic leader who is data oriented
- Works well within a highly ambiguous, ever changing environment
- Creative and resourceful with the knack for building and streamlining processes
- Passionate about community building and promoting equal opportunity
- Previous experience with building and scaling a team in a hyper-growth environment is highly desirable
- Flexibility to travel during peak recruiting cycles
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched in December 2015 by Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook, and his wife, Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder and CEO of The Primary School in East Palo Alto. The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is a new kind of philanthropic organization dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity through world class engineering, grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. Initial areas of focus include supporting science through basic biomedical research and education through personalized learning. CZI is also exploring ways to build stronger, more equitable communities through affordable housing and criminal justice reform. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.