Technical Project Manager - Advocacy
Palo Alto, CA
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities.
To support this mission, our Technology team builds products for educators and students; designs algorithms and builds infrastructure for scientists; and brings a data-driven approach to advocacy and civic engagement. As a Technical Project Manager on our Policy & Advocacy team, you will manage our relationships with external technology and data partners, including researching potential partners, negotiating and documenting our technology or data agreements with partners, and ensuring our partnerships are executed properly on both sides.
This position is based full-time in our Palo Alto, CA office.
- Manage technical and operational relationships with our advocacy technology partners
- Work with our engineers to define and document technical processes
- Perform technical tasks like data ingestion and report generation
- Research and propose potential partnerships across the landscape of advocacy tools and data sources
- Understand the cost structure and other details or our partnership agreements, and communicate those details to internal stakeholders
- Contribute to our advocacy product strategy by working with our product and engineering leadership
- Become a subject matter expert on existing advocacy tools and data sources
- 5+ years of experience in technical project management or product management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities in an ever changing environment
- Experience working with external stakeholders
- Experience querying databases or running complex spreadsheet workflows
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts with technical team members
- An analytical, meticulous and detail-obsessed mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including communicating technical concepts to non-technical team members
- Background in civic technology working with political and advocacy organizations
- Experience working with large data sets to guide advocacy strategy
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equal opportunity. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.