Quality Manager - Biomedical Content
Palo Alto, CA
CZI is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities. In January 2017, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative acquired Meta, a company that uses artificial intelligence to help scientists read, understand and prioritize millions of scientific papers as they are published. Meta’s tools can dramatically accelerate scientific progress and will move us closer to our goal to cure, prevent or manage all diseases by the end of the century. Our teams are working together to make the platform even more powerful and useful for the entire scientific community.
We’re looking for a detail-obsessed biologist to lead Meta’s data quality initiatives. As Quality Manager for all Biomedical content, you will be responsible for ensuring a culture of quality across all teams. If you want to make a difference and help accelerate innovation in science, come and join us!
- Collaborate with our engineering and data science teams team in order to continuously improve the user experience and feedback process
- Evaluate the data, find patterns and outliers to identify and resolve problems
- Find and implement systematic ways to find and correct errors or inconsistencies, from a spelling mistake to misclassification to incorrect relationship between two entities
- Evaluate input data from multiple sources for accuracy and quality
- Help develop training and testing data sets for our data scientists using student bio-annotators
- Describe data with standard annotation protocols and vocabularies that enable powerful queries
- Make decisions on the biological correctness of data representations
- Communicate with researchers to ensure accuracy of curated information
- Respond promptly to data-related questions and feedback from Meta’s users
- Master’s degree level in biology or a related discipline
- Knowledgeable in genetics, genomics of human disease and molecular biology
- Experience working with and analyzing large data sets using scripting languages, database functions, and spreadsheets
- Understanding of statistics, error types and rates
- Strong organizational skills; ability to deliver accurate work under tight deadlines
- Ability to show ownership and take pride in your work
- Highly meticulous and strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication both written and spoken
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equal opportunity. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.