Software Engineer, Data - Education
Palo Alto, CA
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative wants to provide every student, and every teacher, the opportunity to reach his or her full potential. The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative supports and develops personalized learning experiences that are focused on and led by the learner - meeting them where they are cognitively, physically, socially and emotionally. We're looking for engineers to help bring a new personalized learning platform to the globe's generation of students and help advance the potential of humanity.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and data scientists to understand data needs
- Improve data usability and data quality in our data warehouse
- Launch new ETL (extract, transform, load) processes in production
- Identify impactful improvements to our data warehouse infrastructure
- 1+ year experience in Software Engineering or Data Engineering
- Expertise writing efficient and optimized SQL
- Experience with dimensional data modeling and schema design in a database or data warehouse
- Expertise with scripting languages such as Python
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with cloud-based data warehouses
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equality. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities. To support this mission, our Technology team builds products for educators and students; designs algorithms and builds infrastructure for scientists; and brings a data-driven approach to advocacy and civic engagement. We make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.