Manager, Digital Media
Palo Alto, CA
Policy and Advocacy
CZI is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity. In December 2015, Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities.
Working as part of the Policy and Advocacy team, the Manager of Digital Media will partner with the Communications team to develop and implement a digital communications strategy for the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. This will include assessing the organization’s digital needs, recommending and ultimately helping implement a staffing structure, and developing an overall strategy for the sharing of the organization’s messaging over a range of digital platforms and channels. The ideal candidate would possess subject matter expertise in the area of digital communications, management and team building experience, experience counseling senior leaders on digital communications issues, and the flexibility to work in a startup culture.
This is a full-time role based in our Palo Alto headquarters.
- Partner closely with all of our Initiatives, including Education and Science, to strategize and develop a digital communications plan across various platforms
- Work side-by-side with the rest of the Communications and the Creative teams
- Build, develop, and manage a high-performing digital media team
- Oversee the execution of our digital communications strategy, including managing long-term projects and day-to-day operations.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in digital media, including at least 4 years of direct management experience
- Demonstrated proficiency at successfully and creatively leveraging digital platforms for communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage internal and external stakeholders, at all levels
- Proven ability to make decisions and execute in a fast-paced environment with limited resources
- Strong quantitative and analytical skillsExcellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment. No ego’s.
- Passionate about our mission and motivated to advance human potential and promote equality
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equal opportunity. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.