Education Grants Manager
Palo Alto, CA
Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equality. Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with the mission to invest in personalized learning, curing disease and building strong communities. You will be a critical part of this mission.
As Education Grants Manager, you will be a key member of the Chan Zuckerberg Education team. Working in partnership with the Vice President of Education and Director of Grants Management, you will play a lead role in developing, implementing, and refining a grants process that effectively and efficiently meets the needs of our program team and our portfolio of current and future grantees.
This role is for a professional with proven skill in, and passion for, grants management and systems administration. The ideal candidate will operate in an intelligent, flexible, patient, and principled way, and will care deeply about impact through education.
- Manage the full lifecycle of all education team grants and contracts, from diligence processes through final reporting and evaluation
- Collaborate with the Director of Grant Management on the build-out and continuous improvement of CZI’s online grants and contact management tool, including design and refinement of the Education Team’s grants management workflow and execution of systems and procedures that ensure efficient and effective grantmaking
- Forecast and track grant payments across education initiative and liaise with internal and external partners to plan for appropriate cash flow and ensure timely payments of grants
- Oversee all administrative, legal and tax compliance aspects of Education Team’s grants, partnering closely with internal and external legal and compliance teams
- Cultivate relationships with existing and new grantee partner organizations as it pertains to the life cycle of a grant
- Serve as the system administrator for the Education Team and partner with program staff to ensure optimal usage of the online grants and contact management tool, developing and sharing best practices for database management, tracking and reporting
- Facilitate regular grants meetings and lead staff training sessions for the Education Team on updates and changes to the grants management database.
- 4+ years in a grants management role
- Experience working with databases, spreadsheets, and technology related to grant-making (preference for familiarity with Salesforce)
- Familiarity with the use of data and analytics to evaluate impact
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with comprehensive follow through and attention to detail
- Experience implementing systems and processes to increase organizational efficiency
- Ability to communicate technology issues to leadership, staff and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential, sensitive information
- Comfortable taking initiative and working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communications skills
About the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched by Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder of the Primary School. CZI seeks to advance human potential and promote equality. Initially, focus areas will include personalized learning, curing disease, and building strong communities. We will make long-term investments over 25, 50 or even 100 years because our greatest challenges require time to solve. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.