Palo Alto /
Character’s mission is to give everyone on earth access to their own deeply personalized superintelligence that helps them live their best lives.
We’re an AI startup building the next generation of dialog agents, with a long-tail of applications spanning entertainment, education, general question-answering and others.
Achieving our mission will require solving ambitious technical challenges, including engineering, research, and design, and we are assembling a world-class team to do so. Our founding team includes AI pioneers from Google Brain and Meta Research whose research has led to major breakthroughs in natural language understanding and dialog applications such as Transformers and Google LaMDA.
Check out our beta to get a glimpse into the future.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced senior recruiter to help us find the best and brightest minds to join our team.
What you'll be doing
- Own all aspects of the recruiting life cycle, including sourcing and developing a deep pipeline of talent across both technical and non-technical roles, initial candidate screens, driving the interview and decision-making process, educating and inspiring candidates about the opportunity, providing salary and equity recommendations to hiring managers, and extending offers and closing candidates.
- Be the primary point of contact for all areas in the recruiting process, initially focused across Engineering (Machine Learning, Infrastructure, Database, Front-End/Back-End, etc), UX/UI, Product, G&A, and Marketing.
- Ensure everyone at Character has the tools, resources, and knowledge to be able to attract and hire the very best talent.
- Constantly be thinking about ways to improve and scale our recruiting process, finding a strong balance between candidate experience and interviewer utilization by consistently obtaining feedback on the process from everyone involved.
- Keep our applicant tracking system (Lever) up to date at all times. Provide reports on recruiting metrics/goals.
- 5+ years of full lifecycle recruiting experience in a high growth, fast-paced technology company.
- Confident being the first recruiter at a rapidly growing startup.
- Can quickly and deeply learn about new technologies, and apply that knowledge in conversations with technical candidates.
- Shrewd ability to know when and how to bring in the right people to help close critical candidates.
- Driven self-starter, quick learner, intellectually curious, able to think and work independently yet know when to ask for help, flexible, adaptable, sense of urgency and follow through, and willing and able to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility.
- Team player - you know that no task is too small to deserve your full effort and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, high social and emotional intelligence, as well as an ability to give and receive open, direct, constructive feedback.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills, plus an emphasis on data-driven continuous improvement.
Character is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We value diversity and encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply.