New York /
Technical Staff /
Character’s mission is to give everyone on earth access to their own deeply personalized superintelligence that helps them live their best lives.
We’re an AI startup building the next generation of dialog agents, with a long-tail of applications spanning entertainment, education, general question-answering and others.
Achieving our mission will require solving ambitious technical challenges, including engineering, research, and design, and we are assembling a world-class team to do so. Our founding team includes AI pioneers from Google Brain and Meta Research whose research has led to major breakthroughs in natural language understanding and dialog applications such as Transformers and Google LaMDA.
Check out our beta to get a glimpse into the future.
About the role
We are looking for people with solid engineering and machine learning skills to drive the research required for pushing the boundaries of artificial intelligence.
You might be a good fit if you
- Have 3+ years experience with deep learning frameworks like Pytorch, Tensorflow, Jax.
- Have a deep understanding of the “whole stack” when it comes to designing, training, evaluating and deploying machine learning models, especially large language models.
- Have a track record of successfully owning research projects from start to finish.
- Have experience with generative models for various modalities.
- Have experience writing GPU kernels using CUDA or Triton.
Character is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We value diversity and encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply.