Interconnection Specialist (Remote, U.S.)
Remote, U.S. /
ChargeNet Stations is building the electric vehicle charging solution of the future. As more electric vehicles hit the road, our mission is to develop a charging experience that delivers low-cost renewable charging to quick-serve restaurant customers while providing much-needed reliability to the grid, all while providing a clean, super-friendly user experience.
Our cloud-based software optimizes and stacks solar, storage, and charging into one consolidated solution that can be seamlessly integrated into retail and restaurant point-of-sale systems. By further utilizing consumer data, we optimize customer electric vehicle charging, allowing for increased operational efficiency and station utilization.
The Interconnection Specialist plays a central role in the Distributed Energy Resource (DER) interconnection process, by efficiently and accurately processing customer and developer applications for interconnection, and acting as the primary point of contact for applicants throughout the interconnection life cycle.
The Interconnection Specialist has primary responsibility to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with developers and customers seeking to interconnect DERs to the distribution system, while delivering a Premier Customer Experience throughout the process
- Prepare, review and submit a high volume of routine interconnection documents in accordance with various utility policies - detail oriented, and accuracy matters
- Daily input of appropriate notes for all interconnection tasks, manage project status updates, and generate necessary reports to complete assignments
- Phone and email communication with ChargeNet colleagues, customers and utilities to ensure proper documentation is obtained in a timely manner, and requirements are understood and communicated
- Identify common interconnection issues and develop suitable solutions
- Handle incoming inquiries in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Research Conduct phone inquiries and desktop research to analyze and document interconnection requirements and processes for various states and utilities
- Assist with process related to permitting both pre- and post- installation
- Compiling and submitting permit packages, adhering to municipal code
- Support project managers in all construction activities
- Bachelor's degree with 2-3 years of experience; or in lieu of a degree, must have minimum of 3-5 years of relevant business experience
- Ability to understand basic electrical concepts (e.g., voltage, current, power, energy)
- Knowledge of utility distribution grid interconnections, net metering, renewable energy
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain good relationships
- Proficiency with desktop applications such as Adobe Acrobat Professional, MS Office, and Internet Explorer
- Working knowledge of enterprise programs and systems that enable distribution interconnections, such as Asset Suite 8, GIS, customer information systems, etc.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical field
- Knowledge of regulatory issues affecting DER interconnection and metering
- Ease and comfort in using advanced Excel functions (pivot tables) is a plus
- Experience demonstrating skill using utility or industry customer information systems
- Experience with SQL reporting or electrical engineering drawings is a plus
- Working knowledge and understanding of how to ensure compliance with interconnection regulations
However you identify or whatever your path to us, please apply if you see a position that makes your heart sing. Come join ChargeNet and help us build a company where you’re making a difference to the health of the planet.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. ChargeNet is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to work every day.
ChargeNet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.