Electrical Engineer- Construction- Remote (CA)
San Francisco, California /
ChargeNet Stations is building the electric vehicle charging solution of the future. As more electric vehicles hit the road, our mission is to develop a charging experience that delivers low-cost renewable charging to quick-serve restaurant customers while providing much-needed reliability to the grid, all while providing a clean, super-friendly user experience.
Our cloud-based software optimizes and stacks solar, storage, and charging into one consolidated solution that can be seamlessly integrated into retail and restaurant point-of-sale systems. By further utilizing consumer data, we optimize customer electric vehicle charging, allowing for increased operational efficiency and station utilization.
The Electrical Engineer (EE) will prepare preliminary and permit ready engineering plans, of solar, EV chargers, and energy storage systems to ensure that ChargeNet goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed schedule and budget parameters. The EE will effectively communicate with contractors, field staff, technical staff, and management, and can independently make decisions to the benefit of the project.
- Prepare single line diagrams of the entire system including interconnection, solar, EV charger and battery storage
- Prepare and help submit electrical plans for interconnection applications, work with contractors to submit city and other permit applications
- Prepare specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials
- Advise, consult, lead, and provide feedback on the development of construction site
- Represent ChargeNet in reviewing contractor requests through formal or informal processes, and provide prompt responses to keep projects on schedule
- Enforce constructor contracts for electrical requirements, scheduling, and invoicing
- Develop strong working relationships throughout the industry
- Prepare reports and compile data for existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering
- California PE License
- Minimum of 3 years of renewable or related industry experience (Utility, Solar Developer, EV chargers, Battery Storage, IPP)
- Proficient in CAD, Microsoft Office tools, and some knowledge of applicable energy software
- Experience applying for agency applications, permits and/or grants
- Technically astute and strategic thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional Engineering (PE) license in California
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to city building permits and/or utility interconnection
- Experience in Homer, Energy Toolbase, Helioscope and/or PVSYST software
- Experience in energy storage projects
However you identify or whatever your path to us, please apply if you see a position that makes your heart sing. Come join ChargeNet and help us build a company where you’re making a difference to the health of the planet.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. ChargeNet is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to work every day.
ChargeNet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.