Software Development Intern (Remote, U.S.)
Remote, U.S. /
Software Development /
ChargeNet Stations is building the electric vehicle charging solution of the future. As more electric vehicles hit the road, our mission is to develop a charging experience that delivers low-cost renewable charging to quick-serve restaurant customers while providing much-needed reliability to the grid, all while providing a clean, super-friendly user experience.
Our cloud-based software optimizes and stacks solar, storage, and charging into one consolidated solution that can be seamlessly integrated into retail and restaurant point-of-sale systems. By further utilizing consumer data, we optimize customer electric vehicle charging, allowing for increased operational efficiency and station utilization.
ChargeNet manages electric vehicle chargers, energy storage, and solar at restaurant locations. This unique setup necessitates a unique business model and unique energy management system. In this internship, interns will assist in the creation of simulators that the business development will use to determine if the ChargeNet business model and energy management systems will be profitable at a given restaurant.
This internship is for summer 2023. Must be based in the U.S. (no sponsorship available for this role).
- Work on one of the following projects: billing engine, carbon footprint engine, math engine simulator, creation of a utility rate API
- Software development in python, inclusive of unit test writing, for any of the above projects
- Creating and reviewing pull requests
- Passion for green technology
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Independent and proactive, especially in building new products
- Prior experience working on team-based software
- Prior experience with Python and Python unit and integration tests
- Familiarity with utility markets, programs, and tariffs
- Familiarity with Jira
- Experience with Git version control
If you have coding skills that don’t match the above, but are still interested in ChargeNet, we will also consider interns with React-Native, Go, or AWS experience for other projects!
However you identify or whatever your path to us, please apply if you see a position that makes your heart sing. Come join ChargeNet and help us build a company where you’re making a difference to the health of the planet.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. ChargeNet is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to work every day.
ChargeNet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.