Contracts Manager (Remote, U.S.)
Remote, U.S. /
ChargeNet Stations is building the electric vehicle charging solution of the future. As more electric vehicles hit the road, our mission is to develop a charging experience that delivers low-cost renewable charging to quick-serve restaurant customers while providing much-needed reliability to the grid, all while providing a clean, super-friendly user experience.
Our cloud-based software optimizes and stacks solar, storage, and charging into one consolidated solution that can be seamlessly integrated into retail and restaurant point-of-sale systems. By further utilizing consumer data, we optimize customer electric vehicle charging, allowing for increased operational efficiency and station utilization.
The Contracts Manager will have a solid track record in formation of contracts (e.g., statements of work, master service, consulting, non-disclosure, power purchase, and construction agreements), primarily using corporate approved templates; coordinate contract document execution submitting contract documents and contract language, coordinating often with engineering/construction disciplines, environmental consultants, regulatory and legislative consultants, and other contractors and subcontractors.
This position will assist US development, regulatory and legislative affairs and other departments as needed within the CNS business line to clearly define the scope of work, payment methods, and scheduling and other job requirements.
- Provides direct contract support, such as review of contractual documents, to ensure protection of company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual requirements and adherence to company policies.
- Prepares contract agreements using corporate approved templates coordinates subcontract document execution.
- Collaborates with the business to submit, negotiate, and finalize contractual documents, including Master Service Agreements, Scopes of Work, Change Orders, and Amendments and ensure proper support of administration and proposal preparation.
- Assists in drafting contract and subcontract modifications, amendments, and scopes of work.
- Assists with coordination of contract insurance requirements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and as needed, provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Manages the privacy and confidentiality aspects of the contract process from inception to conclusion.
- Provides technical guidance and coordination to assigned personnel and ensures proficiency and timeliness of contract administration.
- Engage relevant stakeholders, Project Managers, Construction Managers and liaise with C-Suite to assist business units with guidance and ensure needed documentation is given to initiate the contracts workflow adhering to specific standards and company contracting guidelines.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a procurement/purchasing/legal role and be able to demonstrate direct experience in both negotiations of and ability to read and understand complex contracts and agreements.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience as a paralegal or contract administrator providing contract support.
- Paralegal certification a plus; Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related discipline preferred.
- Requires strong communication, inter-personal, and computer skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility, and a strong work ethic focused on providing excellent customer service; demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must have strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Must be focused on results, as well as the needs of the internal customer.
- Needs little if any supervision to perform tasks
- Excellent time and task management skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Quick conceptual mind, enthusiastic & energetic, enjoys challenges.
- Outgoing, friendly, confident, and mature.
- Able to demonstrate experience dealing successfully with peers, subordinates, management, and unaffiliated third parties.
However you identify or whatever your path to us, please apply if you see a position that makes your heart sing. Come join ChargeNet and help us build a company where you’re making a difference to the health of the planet.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. ChargeNet is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to work every day.
ChargeNet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.