On-Site Project Manager- Electrician
ChargeNet Stations is building the electric vehicle charging solution of the future. As more electric vehicles hit the road, our mission is to develop a charging experience that delivers low-cost renewable charging to quick-serve restaurant customers while providing much-needed reliability to the grid, all while providing a clean, super-friendly user experience.
Our cloud-based software optimizes and stacks solar, storage, and charging into one consolidated solution that can be seamlessly integrated into retail and restaurant point-of-sale systems. By further utilizing consumer data, we optimize customer electric vehicle charging, allowing for increased operational efficiency and station utilization.
The Project Manager (Electrician) plans, directs, manages and provides oversight of assigned design and construction projects (solar + EV chargers + energy storage) to ensure that ChargeNet goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed schedule and budget parameters.
The Project Manager effectively communicates with contractors, field staff, technical staff, and management, and can independently make decisions to the benefit of the project.
- Managing detailed construction project plans for solar, EV charging stations and energy storage from start to finish
- Ability to troubleshoot any electrical issues as they come up during the build of a new site
- Review and submit interconnection applications prepared by the team and submit city and other permit applications
- Document and provide continuous improvement on the development of construction procurement documents, including plans, construction phase consulting services, and GC responsibilities
- Coordinate and lead detailed project meetings with contractors, GCs, consultants, utilities, municipalities and outside agencies to ensure construction goals are achieved and develop strong working relationships throughout the industry
- Make recommendations about electrical plans in partnership with the Electrical Engineer
- Manage day-to-day work on projects in construction phases; coordinate and make recommendations regarding status of work
- Manage contractor invoices and reporting requirements for milestone payments
- Represent ChargeNet in reviewing contractor requests through formal or informal processes and provide prompt responses to keep projects on schedule
- Provide regular detailed reporting/metrics on existing projects, resources allocation, project status completion statistics, any variances to plan and forecasting of future needs through project management software
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher and/or other relevant education, training or work experience
- Certified electrician background preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of renewable or related industry (Utility, Solar Developer, IPP)
- Experience applying for agency applications, permits and/or grants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Transportation Planning, Construction Engineering or a closely related field
- Experience using Monday.com PM software
- Experience using Zendesk
- Experience in Energy Storage Projects
However you identify or whatever your path to us, please apply if you see a position that makes your heart sing. Come join ChargeNet and help us build a company where you’re making a difference to the health of the planet.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. ChargeNet is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to work every day.
ChargeNet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.