Computational Engineer- Remote
Remote, U.S. /
ChargeNet Stations is building the electric vehicle charging solution of the future. As more electric vehicles hit the road, our mission is to develop a charging experience that delivers low-cost renewable charging to quick-serve restaurant customers while providing much-needed reliability to the grid, all while providing a clean, super-friendly user experience.
Our cloud-based software optimizes and stacks solar, storage, and charging into one consolidated solution that can be seamlessly integrated into retail and restaurant point-of-sale systems. By further utilizing consumer data, we optimize customer electric vehicle charging, allowing for increased operational efficiency and station utilization.
You will be responsible for algorithm and software development of ChargeNet’s device-control implementations. Specific duties include:
Contributing to a “math engine” when new value streams are added to ChargeNet’s value stack
Creating production-level software, including unit and integration tests
Developing and improving simulations that can run from data collected from real-world situations
You will have significant control and input to ChargeNet’s back-end solution, and may contribute to intellectual property over the course of your work.
- Passion for green technology
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Independent and proactive, especially in building new products
- Prior experience working on team-based software
- Prior experience with Python and Python unit and integration tests
- Mathematical understanding of linear programming and optimization
- Proficiency developing extensible, object-oriented software using test-driven development techniques
- Experience with Git version control
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics or over two years of experience in a relevant field
- Knowledge of power, energy, and electrical physics
- Familiarity with utility markets, programs, and tariffs
- Familiarity with OCPP
- Familiarity with Jira
- Built and deployed applications and microservices
- Start-up experience
However you identify or whatever your path to us, please apply if you see a position that makes your heart sing. Come join ChargeNet and help us build a company where you’re making a difference to the health of the planet.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. ChargeNet is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to work every day.
ChargeNet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.