Senior Project Manager
San Francisco, California /
ChargeNet Stations is building the electric vehicle charging solution of the future. As more electric vehicles hit the road, our mission is to develop a charging experience that delivers low-cost renewable charging to quick-serve restaurant customers while providing much-needed reliability to the grid, all while providing a clean, super-friendly user experience.
Our cloud-based software optimizes and stacks solar, storage, and charging into one consolidated solution that can be seamlessly integrated into retail and restaurant point-of-sale systems. By further utilizing consumer data, we optimize customer electric vehicle charging, allowing for increased operational efficiency and station utilization.
The Senior Project Manager plans, directs, manages and provides oversight of assigned design and construction projects (solar + EV chargers + energy storage) to ensure that ChargeNet goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed schedule and budget parameters. The Senior Project Manager effectively communicates with contractors, field staff, technical staff, and management, and can independently make decisions to the benefit of the project.
- Build detailed construction project plans for solar, EV charging stations and energy storage
- Prepare and submit interconnection applications, work with contractors to submit city and other permit applications
- Advise, consult, lead and provide feedback on the development of construction procurement documents, including plans, construction phase consulting services, and GC responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day work on projects in construction phases; coordinate and make recommendations regarding status of work
- Manage contractor invoices and reporting requirements for milestone payments
- Attend and actively participate in partnering sessions with contractors, agencies, and organizations to obtain feedback on Agency performance and effectiveness; and develop strong working relationships throughout the industry
- Represent ChargeNet in reviewing contractor requests through formal or informal processes, and provide prompt responses to keep projects on schedule
- Provide regular detailed reporting/metrics on existing projects, resources allocation, project status completion statistics, any variances to plan and forecasting of future needs
- Regularly review project schedules, analyze and monitor construction progress to determine impacts to schedule and provide feedback to the executive team
- Regularly attend and / or lead detailed project meetings with contractors, GCs, consultants and outside agencies to ensure Agency goals are achieved
- Enforce constructor contracts for reporting, environmental requirements, scheduling, and invoicing
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher; or other relevant education, training or work experience
- Minimum of 4 years of renewable or related industry (Utility, Solar Developer, IPP) with at least 4 years in construction management or related experience in transportation electrification
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external resources
- Technically astute and strategic thinker
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience applying for agency applications, permits and/or grants
- Proven organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Microsoft Office tools, and some knowledge of applicable project management software
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Transportation Planning, Construction Engineering or a closely related field
- PE license in California and/or PMP certified
- Experience using Monday
- Experience in Energy Storage Projects
However you identify or whatever your path to us, please apply if you see a position that makes your heart sing. Come join ChargeNet and help us build a company where you’re making a difference to the health of the planet.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. ChargeNet is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to work every day.
ChargeNet is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.