Social Media Content Creator (Remote)
Main areas of focus: Social media strategy and content, storytelling, brand consistency
Location: Remote - U.S. only.
Eligibility: charity: water is fully remote and hires from all 50 U.S. states. At this time, we are only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the United States without the need of company sponsorship now or in the future.
You’ll create compelling social media content that drives traffic, increases engagement, inspires generosity, and brings our mission to life. You’ll be part of a Creative Team that adheres to authenticity, innovation, and compassion.
As the Social Media Content Creator, you’ll create a supporter-centric social media strategy for charity: water. You’ll partner with Brand and Marketing teams to connect people to our mission and help bring clean water to communities around the world– with an emphasis on fostering trust, inspiring generosity, and empowering action. As part of the charity: water Brand Team, you’ll report to our Creative Director and work collaboratively with designers and copywriters.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
● Developing and leading a social media strategy for charity: water
● Owning the social media roadmap and maintaining a daily social media calendar
● Partnering with Brand and Marketing teams to generate and brainstorm ideas
● Collaborating on development and execution of inspiring and engaging story-driven content
● Working with the Creative Team to write strong copy that connects with a large audience
● Setting KPIs and ongoing reporting to cross-functional stakeholder team
YOU MUST HAVE…
● 4-6 years of experience producing and maintaining social media channels for a large audience
● A portfolio of social media work that you are proud of because it is engaging, audience-focused and thoughtfully-made– ideas that you generated and had a significant role in executing (from Twitter to TikTok)
● A willingness to throw yourself deep into the role; not just strategy/channel management, but a love for creating content and coming up with ideas
● Strong creative and communication skills (in writing and video-editing, in particular)
● Interest in consumer insights and passion for keeping the audience at the core of your decision making
● Ability to juggle multiple tasks and adapt quickly to new situations
● Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and commitment to continuous improvement
● Expert knowledge of all things digital and social with a pulse on youth trends and culture
● A video-first mentality
● Heart and hustle
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
● 1st person storytelling experience and comfort being on camera
● Flexibility to work weekends and travel
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You’re a storyteller
You don’t just create beautiful content, you know how to weave those images and videos into a narrative. Whether it’s a Twitter thread or an Instagram Reel, you’re excited to adapt the charity: water story for different audiences, features, and platforms.
You’re a great communicator
You take your role seriously, knowing that someone’s experience with charity: water can start -- or end -- with you. Clear, consistent and compelling communication is everything to you. You're passionate about giving every person who interacts with the charity: water brand across earned channels an unforgettable experience.
You understand the value of our supporters
You make everyone feel special. You’re able to get anyone excited about what we do and make their experience with us unique. You’re inviting, discerning and thoughtful.
You get things done
You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small. You keep your cool under pressure and know how to prioritize your responsibilities. And when you need help, you're not afraid to ask.
You believe in the future of charity: water
You take your responsibilities seriously; the success of this role is critical to charity: water's growth.
The Creative team is a deeply passionate group of designers, videographers, editors, social media strategists, and storytellers. They’re responsible for gathering inspiring content and crafting one-of-a-kind stories from the countries we serve. They help our amazing community of supporters be more aware of the global water crisis, compelling them to take action.
At charity: water, we believe that water changes everything. We work with local implementing partners to fund sustainable solutions that provide clean and safe drinking water to people around the world. Since 2006, with a diverse team of world-changers and an unstoppable community of supporters, we’ve brought clean water to more than 16.8 million people worldwide. With the makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity.
At charity: water, we value every background, identity, and experience. We believe that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. We are committed to doing the work and challenging each other to be an organization in which everyone is respected and heard. We commit to providing genuine opportunities for all people to thrive. And we will continue to embed diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equality in everything we do.
BENEFITS & PERKS
6-week paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of employment
Annual bonus potential through The Pool
401k plan + employer match
Medical covered at 80% + Dental/Vision contributions
FSA + dependent day care FSA
Employer-paid life insurance, STD, LTD
16-week paid maternity and paternity leave for new parents
Stipends for Home office, Professional Development, TSA Pre-check and a You-do-You Perk
2-4 annual travel opportunities to spend quality in-person time with the team
Note, charity: water will never ask you for your credit card or financial information during the interview process. Should you receive a message requesting this information, please mark the email as spam and report here.