Licensed Mental Health Therapist
Phoenix, Arizona /
Contract / PRN
Why Charlie Health?
Adolescents and young adults across the country need our help. The sad reality is that a mental health crisis has taken ahold of our most vulnerable population—leading to record levels of depression, anxiety, addiction, and self-harm. From Manhattan to Montana, this reality is compounded by issues of access, both geographic and financial. The mental health landscape is systemically broken, and our children are suffering as a result.
Charlie Health has set out on a mission to reimagine how high acuity care is delivered to teens and young adults—particularly those in rural populations. We’re building the world’s first infinitely scalable, virtual-first mental health practice. Our initial offering is a virtual intensive outpatient program (vIOP), which connects like-minded virtual groups with therapists that specialize in their specific mental health needs.
Our goal is to help children and families heal together. Through a combination of exceptional medical and psychological care, engaged community partnerships, and best-in-class technology, we provide an unparalleled approach to recovery support that serves individual needs in an integrated way. Join us in our mission to ensure that every teen and young adult—regardless of location or socioeconomic status—can get the care that they deserve.
About the Role
Charlie Health is hiring a few exceptional Arizona licensed mental health professionals to provide remote, telehealth services to our Arizona-based clients. We’re eager to work with forward-thinking mental health and substance use professionals to enhance our programming and provide the best possible care to our clients.
This is a contract / 1099 position that allows you the flexibility to schedule sessions and work from home or wherever you are most comfortable. We request that our clinicians are able to dedicate at minimum 8 hours per week to facilitate group sessions, and take on individual or family sessions.
People know Charlie Health for our warm and empathetic clinical team. While each individual clinician has their own interests, expertise, and style, we require all team members to be well versed in a variety of modalities. Our clients are struggling to cope with underlying mental health issues and benefit from therapists that are sophisticated and relational. Successful candidates are committed to better the mental health of their clients, along with being adept at self-care, ensuring they are prepared to give their best every day to address the rural mental health crisis.
- Well versed in a variety of modalities and feel confident integrating them into your treatment approach (DBT, CBT, EMDR, MI certification is a plus)
- Confident in working with teens and young adults
- Passionate about the benefits of group therapy and skilled in conducting group therapy
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Creative and engaging, especially over video!
- Must be available in the evenings to meet the schedules of our clients
- Must be a licensed mental health or addictions counselor in the State of Arizona (all disciplines are welcome to apply).
- Experience with youth and young adults preferred
- Masters in mental health or related field
- Availability between 8 and 40 hours per week
- 1099 Position, Part Time with opportunity to grow into full time position
- Familiarity with and willingness to use cloud-based communication software—Gmail, Slack, Zoom, Dropbox–in addition to EMR and outcomes survey software on a daily basis
- Flexibility: Work from the comfort of your home! Schedule sessions whenever, wherever.
- Support: All of our clinicians receive support from a full time Admissions and Assessment team, so that you can focus on what matters most- providing exceptional care to our clients.
- Consistency: We are busy and we will make sure to keep your calendar as full as you want it to be. Groups are scheduled at the same time weekly as are individual sessions, so you know what your schedule will be ahead of time.
- Ability to Develop Strong Relationships with Incredible Clients: We may be biased, but we think our clients are incredible. With a maximum of 8 clients in a group, we allow you the opportunity to build strong relationships with clients and do in depth work to create sustainable healing.
- Collaboration: All Charlie Health clinicians participate in case discussions, which allows you to leverage the expertise of others to develop new skills and think outside the box.
- Free CEUs: Charlie Health provides all clinical staff with access to free, online CEUs to meet licensing requirements and explore topics of interest
Our Admissions Team Handles the Details, so you don’t have to
- The Charlie Health Admissions team handles all of the scheduling to align with your availability, so you don’t have to waste time trying to find times with a client.
- All communication outside of sessions with clients and their parents is handled by the Admissions Support Team.
- The Admissions team handles all billing and insurance questions.
- We have full time outreach and marketing team members, to ensure that your schedule is as full as you’d like it to be
So—what do you think?
If you’ve made it this far, well, we’re excited to meet you too. Just one more thing that we want you to remember: we pride ourselves on our meritocratic, performance-driven culture. There are lives on the line, and we have teens to save. There’s no room for complacency. Your scope of responsibility and opportunity to make a difference will be uncapped at Charlie Health, but we need your commitment that you will work tirelessly for our patients, parents, and partners. At the end of day, our team is committed to helping you succeed at Charlie Health because when you succeed, our patients succeed, and we get one step closer to solving the mental health crisis.
At Charlie Health, we value being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to cultivate an environment where individuals can be their authentic selves. Being an Equal Opportunity Employer means every member of our team feels as though they are supported and belong. We value diverse perspectives to help us provide essential mental health and substance use disorder treatments to all teens and young adults.
Charlie Health applicants are assessed solely on their qualifications for the role, without regard to disability or need for accommodation.