Fort Lupton, CO /
Our mission is to reverse climate change and return the atmosphere to 280 ppm CO₂, profitably. We convert waste biomass into carbon-rich bio-oil and inject it into permanent, underground storage as carbon removal, or reform the bio-oil to produce syngas for fossil-free steel.
Our carbon removal pathway took off in 2020 with initial purchases from customers like Stripe, Shopify & Microsoft. In 2021 and 2022 we delivered thousands of tons of carbon removal via off-the-shelf pathways, and also deployed our first R&D prototype pyrolyzer of our own. In the next 18 months, we'll build and deploy the next pyrolyzer revision, demonstrate our fossil-free ironmaking pilot, substantially expand our operations in Colorado and put thousands of tonnes of CO₂e underground.
We're looking to expand our team of ambitious creative and hands-on engineers, fabricators, operators, and forward-thinking humans. We value psychological safety and collaboration. We take calculated risks and don't sweep mistakes under the rug; instead, we pin them to the wall and learn from them. We value that everyone’s unique backgrounds and perspectives shape their work. We encourage you to read our company values.
Come help us reverse climate change. Gigatons or bust!
About the role
As an Assembly Technician on Charm’s R&D team, you will be performing tasks that are necessary to the build and maintenance of our gasification pilot plant. You will aid the fabrication and design teams to fabricate, install and maintain component parts and systems. You will also maintain organized work areas, and follow detailed instructions in order to meet product specifications and quality standards. In this role you will learn the ins and outs of our systems, and play a critical role in their development and our understanding!
- You will be responsible for maintaining, assembling, and installing systems.
- You will work closely with mechanical and test engineers to track design changes, build systems and fixtures, and provide feedback on installation best practices.
- You will also be responsible for shop organization, and consumables stock.
In this role, you will bring:
- Technical competency with most shop tools to make or repair parts and products.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, including blueprints, diagrams, and verbal/written instructions.
- Keep a clean and organized workspace.
- Meets all safety requirements of Charm Industrial.
- Identify defective products and work towards fixing them.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
These skills are a bonus, but not essential:
- Able to maintain a parts inventory.
- Skilled in mechanical assembly.
- Experience installing, and troubleshooting electromechanical systems
This role is located at our Fort Lupton, CO Miniforge, and is not open for remote work. The salary range is $63k-117k per year, plus benefits described below.
What We Offer
· Stock options
· Medical and dental insurance
· Traditional and Roth 401k
· Paid parental leave managed through Cocoon
- A yearly professional development stipend
· Healthy snacks and lunches
· A sweet workplace (both SF Minifactory and CO Miniforge!) with lots of space inside and out
· A chance to pivot into a role in climate!
Visa Sponsorship Policy
Since we are a small startup, certain accommodations for visa sponsorship may not be within our capability. At this time, Charm Industrial is only sponsoring E3 and TN visas.
The nature of our work requires the vast majority of our team to be in-person full time. As the COVID-19 pandemic has evolved, we've continuously adapted our safety policy to keep our team safe and productive. Our current safety policy requires the attestation of COVID-19 vaccination to work at Charm. Additionally, we ask that all of our employees and visitors stay home and rest if they have any cold/flu/covid/sickness symptoms.
Charm Industrial is an equal opportunity employer with a firm commitment to growing our team in an inclusive way, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, medical condition, age, or veteran status. The consequences of climate change inherently affect some more than others, and we need a diverse team to help us save our little planet most effectively & justly. We are excited about all of those who choose to apply, and for those who end up joining us, to see how you better us as a team and company. We are more than the sum of our parts.