Service Delivery – Federal Protective Service /
Chartis Federal is a systems engineering and integration firm that specializes in mission-critical IT and communications for law enforcement, homeland security, and defense. We have served as the prime contractor for over $150M of task order awards, and today have more than 80 staff in 17 states providing services and solutions across the globe. With year-over-year growth, Chartis has been a member of the Washington Technology FAST 50 two times and ranked on the Inc. 5000 five consecutive years. Our mission is to keep America’s heroes safe and connected – on the battlefield, on the border, and in our backyards.
We are hiring a Network Engineer to support a federal government customer. We are ideally looking for candidates located within commuting distance to our office in McLean, VA, but on-site work is not required for this role and candidates interested in working remotely from other locations are encouraged to apply.
- This position focuses on the modernization, and operations and maintenance (O&M) of transport networks; specifically, the development of network architectures to support land mobile radio (LMR) communications that fully leverage the features and functionality of an IP architecture from a functional, network management, and compliance perspective. Please note: LMR experience is not required to be considered for this opportunity. This is an IP-based transport network that happens to support an LMR system, but candidates with IP networking experience in medium to large enterprise environments are encouraged to apply.
- Design, test, deploy, operate, and maintain networks that transport mission-critical law enforcement communications nationwide
- Maintain, operate, and verify persistent operation of IP transport networks
- Monitor network performance using Solarwinds
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with network protocols such as IPsec, GRE, L2TPv3, OSPF, BGP, etc
- Create and document network designs/network topologies
- Build and test proof-of-concept network solutions in a test lab environment
- Develop and execute testing procedures, and document results
- 7+ years network engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related field (in lieu of a degree, an additional 2 years of experience may be substituted)
- CCNP or higher certification
- Experience triaging & troubleshooting network issues
- Experience with network TCP models, IP sub-netting, VLANs, DHCP & DNS servers
- Experience with Cisco L2 and L3 switches
- Experience with firewalls including Fortinet
- Experience working at an ISP or on other large transport networks
- Experience working in ticketing systems (ServiceNow preferred, others acceptable)
- Experience with circuit orders & tracking
Security Clearance / Background Investigation
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Chartis is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law. We participate in E-Verify.