Land Mobile Radio Field Technician
Grand Prairie, Texas /
Service Delivery – Federal Protective Service /
Chartis Federal is a systems engineering and integration firm that specializes in mission-critical IT and communications for law enforcement, homeland security, and defense. We have served as the prime contractor for over $150M of task order awards, and today have more than 80 staff in 17 states providing services and solutions across the globe. With year-over-year growth, Chartis has been a member of the Washington Technology FAST 50 two times and ranked on the Inc. 5000 five consecutive years. Our mission is to keep America’s heroes safe and connected – on the battlefield, on the border, and in our backyards.
The Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Field Operations Team supports LMR systems that facilitate mission-critical communications for our client(s). In addition, the LMR Field Operations Team works with our client(s) to manage, verify and validate the work of third parties supporting LMR initiatives. Initiatives focus on the modernization, operation, and maintenance of LMR systems; specifically, leveraging new technologies to increase system performance, expand coverage, and introduce new capabilities.
- Maintain, operate and verify operation of LMR systems.
- Deploy and support LMR systems at client sites.
- Troubleshoot and resolve LMR issues.
- Document LMR configurations and overall system topologies.
- Build and test proof of concept LMR solutions in a lab environment.
- Develop and execute testing procedures, and document results.
- Provide support to Field Operations team initiatives as assigned.
- 4-8 years' relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree
- Military service and/or additional professional experience can be substituted under certain circumstances.
- Technical Certification (FCC License, NABER License)
- Motorola (or other manufacturer-specific) system training a plus
- Tower Climbing certifications are a plus
Security Clearance/Background Investigation
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Chartis is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law. We participate in E-Verify.