Software Engineer 1
Chatitive is a Seattle-based SaaS company providing a smart and easy mobile messaging platform to businesses across North America through our cloud-based software and best-in-class APIs. Chatitive is a fast growing company in an emerging market focused on rebuilding the way brands communicate with consumers. Chatitive shatters the conventional wisdom that brand to consumer communication must be one-way and impersonal. We are pioneering a new standard for enterprise-grade mobile messaging for every stage of the mobile customer lifecycle.
We are backed by Madrona Venture Partners, Madrona Venture Labs, and Unlock Venture Partners and we are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue.
Chatitive is the only business-texting provider with that enables brands to have true conversations with customers at scale through our context-aware software. We’ve already enabled over 100 million conversations between brands and consumers nationwide and we are building out our team to accelerate the adoption of our service with innovative companies.
Chatitive employees come to work every day inspired and ready to live out our core values:
• Customers first
• Embrace simplicity, creativity & curiosity
• Think big & execute well
• Seek transparency
• Champion empathy
• Be serious (but not too serious)
How you will help Chatitive
- We are looking for a full stack software engineer to join our experienced, collaborative team to help us scale & extend our intelligent, conversational messaging SaaS platform.
- You will design, implement, and maintain Chatitive’s core React.js + Ruby on Rails application
- We are operating at scale, supporting mid-market and enterprise customers 24/7.
- You will help solve big data analytics and machine intelligence problems, creating both real-time conversational engines and analytics UX that are used to drive customers businesses.
- We will be delivering significant UX enhancements, and supporting mobile web whenever possible, and expanding the library of common intents available to our customers.
What you will bring to Chatitive
- 3 + years of Ruby on Rails
- 5 + years of similar MVC styled SaaS
- 5 + years of MySQL or PostgreSQL (ElasticSearch, Redis, Mongo are a plus)
- 3 + years of Linux (AWS a plus)
- 5 + years of agile ( Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- A sincere belief that a design's contract is best understood by the tests that are run on every check-in.
What we are looking for
- Be Curious. You should have a passion for learning new things, crafting better code, writing more effective tests and integrating with more systems.
- Be Transparent. Building great technology comes with inherent challenges. We believe it is how you respond to adversity, challenges and obstacles is what matters. Transparency is key to building a great product and delivering exceptional customer experiences.
- Be Empathetic. Succeeding requires an appreciation for our customers' challenges and empathy for your teammates' journeys.
- Be Flexible. You will need to work with stakeholders and non-engineering customers driving clarity on scope and approach and you must be flexible and able to work well cross functionally.
- Be an Owner. At Chatitive, engineers own their craft from architecture to production operations. We want you to own your business and deliver exceptional products for our customers. We strive to never be "on call" after business hours. Sometimes, when code is rolling into production, or an integrated system doesn’t go as planned, it’s all hands on deck for the benefit of our customers.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Monthly free lunches with the Chatitive team
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog friendly environment
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Quick and easy access to light rail, ferries, train & bus lines
Chatitive values a diverse team
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Based in Seattle, WA, Chatitive is an intelligent conversational messaging company that provides an integrated SaaS platform for mobile customer engagement. Chatitive was incubated at Seattle-based startup studio, Madrona Venture Labs, and spun out in 2016.
The Chatitive intelligent messaging platform helps businesses rewrite their playbook on company-customer interactions by creating a new, dynamic communication channel for mobile customers based on meaningful and purposeful conversations that lead to action - dramatically increasing loyalty, engagement, responsiveness and value.
Chatitive has received seed investment from Madrona Venture Group, Unlock Venture Partners and several prominent angel investors in Seattle including former RootMetrics Co-Founder & Chief Revenue Officer Andy Hollenbeck, former RootMetrics Chairman and McCaw executive Scott Anderson and former PointMarc CEO Arsenio Valdez.
All positions are based at our office in Seattle’s Pioneer Square neighborhood
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.