Product – Product Management
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is seeking a Delivery Manager to join our Product Delivery team in Porto. The role is a unique opportunity to support our Product teams in delivering world-class products and shaping the future of digital payments.
Delivery Managers embed themselves within cross-functional Product teams and strive to improve how they work. They encourage self-reflection, self-organisation and champion best practices across Product Delivery.
At the core, you are passionate about empowering and unlocking the true potential of a cross-functional Product team. You believe in continuous improvement and are comfortable taking a team on the journey towards Product excellence. You have extensive knowledge of common agile and lean methodologies and understand that each team is unique and requires you to help them find the most appropriate aspects that work for them.
The best part of your day is seeing your team improve from the tiniest changes. You feel you're doing a great job when your team recognises opportunities to improve without you nudging them. Your passion lies in understanding people and helping them succeed.
- Identify, assess, and unblock obstacles that impact a Product team
- Help set up a sustainable cadence and tempo for a Product team to operate within
- Drive focus to what is most important to product development - objectives and business outcomes
- Facilitate planning and estimation within a Product team
- Apply agile and lean principles, methods, and tools in practice, adapting as required based on the context and learning
- Foster collaboration and productive working relationships
- Foster a strong feedback loop between the Product team and key stakeholders
- Analyse, visualise, and report on core Product Delivery metrics
- 3+ years’ experience within a high-growth tech start-up or scale-up as a Delivery Manager, Agile Coach, or Scrum Master
- Prior experience of applying popular agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban in practice
- Prior experience facilitating team ceremonies
- Prior experience of working with tools such as JIRA, Miro, and Confluence is a plus
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Fluent in English
Additonal Experience (but not essential)
- Relevant Agile qualifications
- Experience working within the Payments Industry
- Prior experience coaching & mentoring other team members
- Actively involved in the wider Agile community
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.