Engineering Lead - Hub
Technology – Software Engineering
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the Team - Hub
The Hub is Checkout.com’s Merchant facing website. It is the place where Merchants come to understand how their payments are performing, see what they need to take action on, deal with problems and change settings. It is therefore an absolutely key part of a Merchant’s perception of what Checkout.com is. The Hub matters. It needs to have a beautiful, useful and performant user experience. It must be reliable, fast and pleasing to use, and so this product blends user experience and using the right technologies to make everything fast and reliable. When things go wrong, we need to know fast and be able to fix it before it impacts many Merchants.
- Passionate about technology and experience using the Microsoft stack, specifically .NET Core
- An understanding and appreciation for software design and architecture
- Strong communicator who thrives in collaborative environments
- Enthusiastic about delivery and experience working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Desire to work on an exciting product suite, within a fast scaling technical business
- Strong experience with .NET Core and ASP.NET Core
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful design
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows – TeamCity and Octopus
- Cloud-based application development experience (we use AWS)
- Solid experience in Software Development, Design and Architecture
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Lead and mentor Hub team members
- Collaborate with the Product Lead for roadmap planning and estimation
- Assist in requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Collaborate with globally distributed and multidisciplinary teams
- Lead on the architectural design for the Hub within a growing product portfolio
- Design, develop, and deliver new features on our RESTful API and related services
- Create and maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Assist QA to define acceptance tests to be automated
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Encourage recommendations for continuous improvement of the SDLC from team members
- Contribute and adhere to API coding standards, best practices, and procedures
…and the nice to have
- Experience with cross product event-driven microservice architecture
- Docker experience
- Scalability and high throughput software
- Experience in a FinTech/Payments company
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.