Operations – Compliance
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is actively looking for a Compliance and AML professional who will take the initiative to monitor our financial crime and compliance programs in the United States. Based in San Francisco, the role will be required to work closely with internal business, operations, legal and various functional key-stakeholders as well as externally with regulatory bodies. The ideal candidate will be a confident, experienced compliance individual with strong interpersonal and organizational skills and one who is able to demonstrate the ability to effectively and proactively exercise good judgment and partner with the business in a fast-paced environment.
- Managerial authority of money service bureau compliance activities, including the direct control of policy and decision-making authority with respect to the business’s ongoing money services operations;
- Responsibility for Checkout’s Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/OFAC compliance program and KYC/CIP program, including FinCEN’s BSA regulations, 31 C.F.R. Parts 1010 and 1022;
- Responsible for the oversight of the business’s information security and cyber-security policy;
- Work closely with other internal functions and teams to ensure overall compliance to all applicable regulatory and contractual requirements;
- Investigate and then where required, escalate any major compliance flag to Management and suggest recommendations for remediation and enhance existing processes accordingly;
- Continuous improvement of compliance policies to ensure the business is in compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Develop compliance reporting per regulatory and governance requirements.
- Minimum of five years compliance experience in oversight/management of a money service bureau business in a comparable organisation;
- Solid experience of managing a business’s compliance with applicable United States state and federal law;
- Excellent knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and KYC/CIP regulations;
- Experience of conducting compliance assurance/audit reviews;
- Solution driven approach, with exemplary problem solving and analytical skills;
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanour;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present analysis and recommendation;
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving skills and a flexible approach to work;
- Fluency in English.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.