Senior Customer Success Manager
Commercial – Customer Success
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is actively looking for an enthusiastic and resourceful Customer Success Manager to nurture and maintain long-term relationships with our Tier-1 merchants and partners. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing FinTech company at a turning point of its global expansion.
You will be the strategic payments business advisor and main commercial point of contact for our existing US merchant base. You will act as the voice of our product and ambassador of our brand, delivering expertise, education, and guidance to our merchants. The key for success will be the ability to utilize your payments and business knowledge along with the required gravitas to effectively communicate and influence at all levels, achieving effective long-term payments strategies that meet the needs of both our merchants and Checkout.com.
The ideal candidate is an independent, high-achieving individual, able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment and excel through self-motivation and personal drive. If you are eager to join a thriving and fast-paced company and to contribute to shaping its future, this is the role for you.
- Creating and delivering on merchant-specific account development plans
- Building consultative and strong relationships with multiple departments and levels at our merchant partners through regular and open communication
- Delivering expertise, education, and guidance to merchants as they craft and execute on a comprehensive, global payments strategy
- Tracking merchant’s project deliverables and ensuring merchant activities are updated within Salesforce
- Understanding the intricacies of our products, services, and partner networks thoroughly to leverage as needed to meet our merchants’ needs
- Collaborating with various teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Onboarding, Legal, Integration, Support) across the company to ensure a first-class merchant experience
- Focusing on exceeding strategic and financial targets of our merchants by analysing active payment products, transaction volumes, and service levels
- Sharing ideas and feedback on local trends including competitor insights, customer needs, sales, product and marketing information
- Taking a proactive approach on customer service items and problem-solving
- Acting as an effective escalation point for operational and technical concerns
- 3+ years of proven experience in a B2B Enterprise Account Management, Relationship Management or Customer Success role in the Global Payments industry working for a provider or merchant.
- A strategic thinker with excellent project management skills
- Good knowledge of today’s major ecommerce and payments technologies, competitive players and major up-and-coming trends
- Customer-oriented and able to establish robust relationships with customer base
- Dynamic approach and adaptable to changing requirements with the ability to manage multiple opportunities concurrently
- Exceptional communication skills and negotiation techniques
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work in the US
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.