Event Marketing Specialist
Marketing – Marketing
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is hiring an Event Marketing Specialist to support our company presence across industry trade-shows and corporate events internationally. We are looking for a talented and driven marketing professional who is passionate about building and nurturing B2B communities.
In this role, you will play a key part in executing tasks defined by the global event strategy. Your ability to organise, plan and execute on activities impacting all public-facing events will be vital. Events in the strategy include sponsorship of conferences, trade shows, road shows and hosting events owned and executed by Checkout.com. You will be responsible for working well with colleagues across the Commercial team (Marketing, Sales, Design, Customer Success, Partnerships, Product) as well as external contractors and event organisers to ensure that the entire event planning program and process is successful. You will play a key role in budget management, vendor selection, food and beverage selection, planning and execution of the event, tracking all expenses, tracking and nurturing leads generated, coordinating staff presence onsite and feedback.
You must have a love for event management and travel, and see an event all the way through from conception to completion. In this hands-on and high-impact role, you must be ready to dive right in, learn quickly, and pursue new ideas without being prompted to do so. Taking initiative and being able to self manage is key to success in this role.
- Collaborate with the commercial team and leadership to understand the core product and messaging conveyed by the marketing department. These will then need to be conveyed at each event, with a clear understanding of key audiences
- Partner with both internal and external teams to ensure event success; this can include anything from event selection, travel coordination, vendor contract negotiation, planning budget or hosting side-events (dinners/networking receptions) or merchant facing events networking/thought leadership events owned by Checkout.com
- Work in the marketing team to identify and book venues, suppliers and speakers for events
- Liaise with Communications manager/PR team regarding speaking and awards submissions, allowing them appropriate lead time to ensure logistics are confirmed and all materials are received
- Liaise with venues to ensure room/stand setup, catering and all other requirements are met
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure broad industry awareness of the event, through numerous pre-defined promotional outlets and channel
- Co-manage event budgets, ensuring all targets are achieved and provide regular budgetary updates to the wider marketing team
- Work with sales teams to coordinate key one-to-one meetings pre-event as well as on the meeting schedule on the day of the events
- Provide support in the sourcing and shipment of conferences props, supplies, gifts, etc. ensuring promotional items are to a high standard/up to date for onsite distribution
- Work closely with design to ensure collateral (print and digital) are created well ahead of time to be used for promotion on site, social and other digital outlets
- Attend events (travel will range from occasionally to semi-frequent depending on the season) to participate, oversee, coordinate and troubleshoot to ensure execution success
- Manage lead acquisition, processing, nurturing and follow-up to ensure that leads from field marketing activities are properly managed
- Find creative ways to ensure all delegates who attend the events have a fantastic experience of the Checkout.com brand
- Leverage available resources internally and externally to coordinate the details required to ensure an event runs smoothly and successfully.
- Manage onsite event breakdown, packing and shipping of materials
- Complete lead acquisition activities, ensuring leads are captured and processed into Salesforce
- Support marketing team in follow-up email marketing and addition of leads to appropriate campaigns
- Support event summary write-up and recommendations
- 3-4 years Event Management experience, ideally in B2B marketing and e-commerce
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to juggle several projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build and develop relationships at all levels
- Positive mental attitude and available to travel for work
- Passion for customer service with a contagious enthusiasm and energy
- Self-directed, thorough and able to operate independently as required
- BSc in Marketing/Communication/Events or related field is preferred
- Additional language skills encouraged but not a prerequisite
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.