Sales Manager (m/f/d)
Commercial – Sales /
We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises — like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas — launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work — faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Feel your future flow.
About the Role
Checkout.com are actively for an enthusiastic and talented Sales Manager to join our new office and fast growing Team in Berlin and drive our rapid growth in Germany and the region for our revolutionary online payment solution.
If you are a driven and focused salesperson with a proven track record of selling cutting edge e-commerce solutions in a high-growth and competitive environment, this is the role for you. In return, on top of a tremendous working environment, we offer you an unrivalled uncapped recurring commissions plan!
Reporting directly to the Country Manager, the Senior Sales Manager will be responsible for driving new business growth in the D-A-CH market for our revolutionary online payment solution. You will handle multiple short sales cycles, always ensuring a high conversion rate and outperforming your sales targets.
Along the way, you'll collaborate closely with various in-house talents across Technology and Business to position our capabilities, products, services and solutions effectively with prospects. The ideal candidate will need to be an independent, high-achieving individual, able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment and outperform sales targets through personal drive.
- Identify the most promising merchants and verticals that will help Checkout.com grow a healthy pipeline across a preferred line of business across the D-A-CH area
- Sell our new cross-borders payment solutions and services to ecommerce merchants in the region through cold calling, networking, fairs etc.
- Help new merchants evaluate Checkout.com and handle detailed questions about our product capabilities
- Prepare thorough presentations and proposals for prospective merchants
- Orchestrate the entire Sales process and act as the main point of contact for merchants and internal stakeholders
- Maintain a solid, well-organized portfolio and nurture key accounts
- Partner with other Sales Managers to share best practices, key business insights and industry trends
- Providing feedback on local trends including competitor insights, customer needs, sales, product and marketing information
- 3-5 years Sales experience in the Payments industry
- Solid network of potential prospects or partners in the region would be preferable
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce
- Tech-savvy, with a passion for Technology
- Solid business acumen and awareness of financial factors
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills and techniques
- Highly organized and able to prioritize shifting workloads and responsibilities effectively
- Fluent in German and English
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 750 people across 13 international offices. In May 2019, we raised $230m in Europe's largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest. In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.
Note for applicants
As we receive a large number of applications, we can only get in touch with successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within three weeks, you can assume you've not made it through this time. Thanks for your interest and good luck!