Card Scheme Manager
Operations – Acquiring and Partnerships
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is seeking a talented Card Scheme Manager to join the adventure, contribute shaping our newly created Acquiring and Partnerships department and support the business rapid growth and expansion.
Your main responsibility will be to contribute to the development, management and overall strategy of retention and growth of our Card Scheme Partners. In this hybrid role, you will have the opportunity to interact at all levels externally (e.g. being the main business advisor for our partner) and internally (e.g. acting as a Project Manager to make sure our acquiring function infrastructure is scaling as we grow quickly).
- Relationship Management: manage and develop existing relationships with Card Schemes Partners
- Manage Day-to-day request from cross department team to maximise Checkout.com’s relationship
- Operations Management: work closely with our acquiring partners on a day-to- day basis to resolve operational issues that affect our merchant base
- Project Management: lead the formulation and implementation of various acquiring related projects
- Facilitate planning and project estimation within the Card Scheme team
- Provide payments expertise to support local sales teams on strategic deals with complex financial intricacies
- Business Development: support geographical expansion plans through new acquiring partnerships, creating new business opportunities and promoting Checkout.com brand
- 2+ years’ leading the development of payment products and/or working on Card Scheme related projects.
- A strategic thinker with excellent project management skills
- Solid knowledge of today’s major ecommerce and payments technologies, players and major up-and-coming trends
- Partner-oriented and able to establish robust relationship with assigned third parties
- Dynamic approach adapting to changing requirements with the ability to manage multiple project concurrently
- Exceptional communication skills and negotiation techniques
- Fluent in English any additional language is a plus
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.