Senior Partnerships Manager
Commercial – Commercial
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Partnerships Manager to join the Commercial Partnerships team in our fast-growing San Francisco office. You will be responsible for building out our Agency and Systems Integrator (SI) partner ecosystem in the Americas. Reporting directly to our VP Commercial Partnerships – Americas, you’ll have ownership over how Checkout.com partners in this critical space and abundant opportunity to grow your scope and career through demonstrated impact.
This role is highly cross-functional, where you’ll work with some of the brightest minds in payments & fintech across product, engineering, sales, and marketing. With a combination of strategy, scrappiness, and grit, you’ll develop relationships with influential e-commerce players and design innovative partner programs to bring best-in-class solutions to our customers.
- Leading the Agency & SI Partnerships function by developing strategic relationships with key stakeholders, managing partner programs, and creating playbooks to scale channel sales
- Growing Checkout.com’s presence among agency and SI partners by strategically positioning our solutions and closely aligning to partners’ differentiators and market coverage
- Becoming an expert on Checkout.com’s product offering and working closely with the Product Management team to improve our offering for partners
- Balancing resourceful outreach with data-driven focus, tracking success through KPIs and working with the VP Commercial Partnerships to define a partner strategy
- Drive and attend partner meet-ups, industry events, and other in-person meetings to deepen relationships, becoming a critical voice and evangelist among partners
- Working with a global cross-functional team collaboratively to develop and launch partner programs
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years experience in Partnerships, Business Development, Sales, or Account Management roles at a technology, e-commerce, payments, or financial services company
- Well-connected in the e-commerce platform and/or subscription management platform ecosystem, with a network of key agency and SI partners
- Understanding of payments preferred, or ability to quickly learn complex concepts
- Confident in relationship building and public speaking with high EQ and a sense of humility and humor
- Able to flourish in a fast-paced start-up environment: proactive, self-motivated, results-oriented, and organized
- Collaborative and open, with experience working with product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams preferred
- Technical background a plus
- Fluent in English; Spanish a plus
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.