Information Security Associate
Technology – Information Security /
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Patreon, Binance, SHEIN, Grab, Henkel, Wise, Sony Electronics and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor’s list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
Information Security Associate at Checkout.com:
Checkout.com is actively looking for Information Security Associate to join the Information Security team.
In this role you will provide support and implementation of security controls to protect Checkout customers, systems, assets and organisational threats. This is a fast growing team with real opportunities to grow your Cyber/InfoSec career.
Joining a high-growth global FinTech Company and collaborating with various enthusiastic and excellence-driven people, you will gain exposure to a fast-scaling Cloud environment where you will be able to learn while making a real impact.
- Proven experience in a Cyber Security or IT Security role.
- Advanced knowledge of information security standards, practices, and methodologies as well as advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of security controls and toolsets such as Endpoint Protection, Web Proxies, Antivirus.
- Understanding of vulnerability management principles
- Self-motivated, able to deliver consistent results through problem solving
- Application and data security in a multi-platform environment (Windows, Linux, SQL, Couchbase, Cloud).
- Understanding of Microsoft Server 2016/2019, Windows 10/11, including active directory, MDM and DLP solutions.
- Exhibit ownership, follow through, initiative, awareness and effective communication with peers and the ability to speak of details of the identified issue to both the business and technical teams.
- Self-motivated, able to deliver consistent results through problem solving.
- Endpoint security technologies and controls such as encryption, MDM, DLP, IDS across Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Autonomous, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal guidance.
- Fluent in English.
What you will be doing:
- Assist in the operation and monitoring of assurance controls and security intelligence.
- Investigate observations found during routine analysis of activities and own the remediation liaising with the wider business where needed to ensure resolution.
- Become a subject matter expert working with the IT Operations Team.
- Ensuring day to day Information Security and Compliance obligations and responsibilities are met.
- Investigate security events and incidents and work from triage to remediation
- Conducting proactive research to analyse security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies to mitigate risk.
- Assist with building and implementing tools to automate security monitoring and tasks
- Assist with achieving and maintaining ongoing PCI DSS compliancy across the business.
- Participate in development and implementation of the appropriate and effective controls to mitigate identified threats and risks.
- Work closely with the wider CKO teams (IT, Engineering etc) to ensure strong Information security governance and information assurance is in place securing the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of the business.
- Participate in delivering the Security Awareness and education program across Checkout.
- Collaborate with passionate technologists across multiple disciplines to ensure security and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate with the wider CKO teams (IT, Engineering etc) to ensure strong Information security governance and information assurance is in place securing the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of the business
- Contribute ideas and solutions to a fast paced, growing, and evolving team
- Assist in maintaining the security framework and ongoing compliance of all systems and services
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.