Scheme Compliance Lead
Operations – Compliance
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
- Leading the scheme compliance team as key point of contact on all scheme compliance related matters
- Setting up processes, operating procedures and controls to ensure compliance with the card scheme regulations and requirements
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of processes to ensure compliance with new card scheme requirements
- Overseeing regular reviews for the verification of internal process efficiency in relation to Checkout.com’s merchant portfolio
- Responsible for handling card scheme compliance notifications, investigations and responses
- Overseeing the ongoing merchant monitoring processes in relation to card scheme regulations
- Advising internal teams on scheme compliance aspects for complex cases
- Preparing reports for senior management on the card scheme compliance status of the merchant portfolio
- Reviewing the card schemes rule updates and making proactive recommendations to ensure continuous compliance
- Strong knowledge and awareness of card schemes rules and regulations
- At least 3 years’ experience dealing with card scheme compliance matters
- Solution-driven approach, with exemplary problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience as a people manager and a hands-on approach to growing a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent and demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to maintain knowledge and skills with an emphasis on continuous learning about new trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; legal or compliance background is preferable
- Fluency in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.