Product – Product Management
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is seeking a Product Manager to join our Product team. Our passion is to change the world of online payments and the Product team sits at the heart of achieving our ambitious vision and goals.
The role, based in our Berlin office, will involve working closely with our engineers, designers, and business stakeholders to help shape the future of online payments. You will act as an important bridge between Product, Technology and Design, to understand desired outcomes, elicit requirements, and then translate them into coherent functionalities that can be easily implemented for our innovative and groundbreaking products.
You will be focusing on Alternative Payments within Checkout.com and ensure the overall product development of APMs, manage the integration, testing and the final launch. In this hybrid role, you will have the opportunity to interact externally with our payment partners, as well as and internally (e.g. acting as a Product Manager to make sure our APM function infrastructure is scaling as we grow quickly).
You will synthesise and articulate business insights to deliver required specifications, conduct feasibility studies, and produce designs/models. Reporting to our Lead of Alternative Payments and collaborating with Project Managers, Engineers and Design Stakeholders in an agile and very dynamic environment, you will be required to be flexible and adaptable at all times.
About the Team - APM (Alternative Payment Methods)
Alternative payments for alternative worlds: In a world where cards seem to be everywhere, it's all too easy to forget about the alternatives. In fact, in many countries, alternative payments are the preferred online payment option and can represent a higher proportion of e-commerce growth in comparison to credit or debit cards. Unlike card payments, APMs come in different shapes and sizes.
The APM team improves Checkout.com’s value proposition and sets us apart from competitors through competitive pricing, differentiating APMs portfolio, special features, and deep regional market expertise.
- Take the lead delivering a seamless user-experience by being product-oriented, commercially-minded
- Have the ability to approach improvement opportunities with a flexible mindset
- An expert at time management and have exceptional documentation skills
- An empathetic leader, whereby you collaborate with various stakeholders in a smart way to get the job done
- Most importantly, be excited about scaling our products to help build a tech-driven bank that will revolutionize the digital commerce
- Produce business and functional requirements as well as inputting into technical requirements
- Develop, optimise & document business processes
- Highlight, report and manage project risks & issues
- Collect, understand and convey business requirements for given projects
- Find and communicate solutions to large and/or complex needs
- 3+ years hands-on Product Analyst/Manager experience in a fast-paced Technology start-up
- Solid knowledge of today’s eCommerce and payments technologies, players and upcoming trends is a plus
- Aspiration to grow your product management skills within a fast-paced tech startup
- Exposure to a range of project delivery methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Kanban
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, Microsoft Project, Confluence and GitHub is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact with multidisciplinary stakeholders
- Avid reader of all technology publications and blogs
- Degree Educated
- Fluency in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.