Senior Developer in Test - Tech Finance
Technology – Software Engineering
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
As a Senior Development Engineer in Test, you will have full ownership of the test strategy for your product including the creation of clean and repeatable automation tests. Your natural problem-solving skills, inquisitive mind and attention to detail will contribute towards a strong culture of quality across the organisation and have a significant impact on the service we provide.
About the Team - Tech Finance
A suite of products responsible for enhancing and optimisation Checkout.com’s financial processes, becoming the golden source and distribution hub of financial data to a variety of end user groups. With Checkout.com’s fast paced growth and complex business domain we thrive in the ongoing challenges of data integrity, granularity, and scalability.
The Tech Finance Products
Fort - our proprietary greenfield financial reconciliation and treasury management tool has numerous exciting technical challenges. With a complex and evolving business domain and a rapidly increasing volume of transactions, there are huge learning opportunities here. CQRS architecture with horizontal scaling and event sourcing are just some interesting technical aspects.
Merlin - Checkout’s internal ledger system, the source of truth, we expose this data via various reports and external facing APIs posing unique challenges in building for scale while maintaining integrity. We are making use of event driven design patterns along with PostgreSQL, Aurora MySQL and DynamoDB.
FinDev - this is the domain critical to ensuring accurate pricing on all merchant transactions. It ingests financial data from various sources and applies business logic to drive ledger movements. It's a complex and evolving business domain with high throughput requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience within e-commerce or fintech
- Solid experience working within a fast-paced Agile team
- Excellent fault finding, debugging and diagnostic skills
- Experience developing financial systems (nice to have)
- Good understanding of micro-services and complementary testing approaches
- Strong testing background with REST APIs
- Comfortable using continuous integration tools like Teamcity and Jenkins
- Extremely organised and methodical whilst remaining pragmatic
- Confident collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Duties & Responsibilities
- Fully embed and integrate with the engineering development team.
- Contribute towards testability to influence application design for effective testing
- Make an active contribution to all Agile rituals (standups, retros, planning,etc)
- Author detailed test plans and supporting technical documentation
- Analyse complex requirements and consistently provide constructive feedback
- Effectively collaborates to accurately understand the application under test
- Proactively engage with all stakeholders to close gaps in requirements
- Define and record test cases using the Gherkin language format
- Debug, record and manage defects throughout their lifecycle
- Track quality metrics and generate reports for stakeholders
- Consistently script new automated tests ensuring maximum coverage
- Maintain the test framework and contribute towards enhancements
- Contribute towards the wider QA community to facilitate knowledge sharing
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.