IT Audit Manager
Operations – Compliance /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the role
Checkout.com is actively looking for an IT audit professional within the Checkout.com Audit function. Based on the United Kingdom, the role will require you to work closely with the Internal Audit team in Singapore to perform IT audit assignments. The ideal candidate will be a confident, experienced audit individual with strong interpersonal and organizational skills and one who is able to demonstrate the ability to effectively plan for, and conduct, audit in a fast-paced environment.
Internal Audit represents the third line of defence and provides independent assurance of the effectiveness of management's control of business activities (the first line) and of the control processes maintained by the Risk Framework Owners and Policy Owners (the second line). Internal Audit is an independent function whose primary role is to help the Board and Executive Management to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the business.
- Lead IT audit work in accordance with industry standards.
- Development of the annual IT risk assessment and annual Audit Plan.
- Identify and evaluate the risks / impacts associated with identified audit issues.
- Prepares status reports for the IT Audit Manager and key governance committees (in business English).
- Maintenance and review of policies and procedures, including ensuring they are up to date with all regulatory and international best practices.
- Offering solutions and problem-solving ideas to internal and external stakeholders.
- Profound knowledge in the execution of IT Audits, 6-10 years’ experience in IT Audit.
- Demonstrated experience in leading IT audits.
- Robust knowledge and understanding of IT Audit and IT General Controls.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- An Audit specific qualification or BSc in a Technology based subject.
- Financial Services experience, preferably in payments.
- Analytical, risk focused and ideally capable of using data analytics to gain insights into transactions, clients, and products.
- Good organisational and stakeholder management skills.
- Willingness to expand technical knowledge in a broad range of projects.
- Reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues.
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.