Customer Success Manager
Commercial – Customer Success
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com's is actively looking for an enthusiastic and resourceful Customer Success Manager to nurture and maintain long-term relationships with our Tier-1 merchants and partners. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join one of the most successful FinTech companies at a turning point of its global expansion.
You will be the business advisor and main point of contact to a merchant's pre, during and post integration process. You will act as the voice of our product and ambassador of our brand, delivering expertise, education, and guidance to our merchants. Key for success here will be the ability to utilize your business savvy knowledge and the required gravitas to effectively communicate and influence at all levels to achieve win-win scenarios and promote the company value proposition.
The ideal candidate is an independent, high-achieving individual, able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment and excel through self-motivation and personal drive. If you are eager to join a thriving, fast-paced, start-up company and contribute to shaping its future, this is the role for you to make a difference.
- Creating merchant specific account development plans
- Building high touch, consultative and strong relationships with our merchants through regular and open communications
- Delivering expertise, education, and guidance to merchants as they craft and execute on a comprehensive, global payments strategy.
- Track merchant project deliverables and ensure merchant activities are updated within SalesForce
- Understanding the intricacies of our products, services and partner networks thoroughly to leverage as needed to meet our merchants’ needs
- Collaborating with various teams (e.g. Sales, Legal, Integration, Support) across the company to ensure a first-class merchant experience
- Focusing on exceeding strategic and financial targets of our merchants by analysing active payment products, transaction volumes and service levels
- Sharing ideas and feedback on local trends including competitor insights, customer needs, sales, product and marketing information
- Take a proactive approach on customer service items and problem solving
- 3+ years’ experience in a B2B Account Management, Relationship Management or Customer Success role in the FinTech and/or Payments industry
- A strategic thinker with excellent project management skills
- Good knowledge of today’s major eCommerce and payments technologies, players and major up-and-coming trends
- Customer-oriented and able to establish robust relationship with assigned customer base
- Dynamic approach adapting to changing requirements with the ability to manage multiple opportunities concurrently
- Exceptional communication skills and negotiation techniques
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Fluent in English and German
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.