Lead Data Analytics Engineer - Commercial
Technology – Business Intelligence /
We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises — like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas — launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work — faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
- 3+ years working experience as a data or software engineer in a fast-paced growing company
- Excellent SQL and Python knowledge
- Strong hands-on data modeling and data warehousing skills
- 2+ years of experience using dbt
- 3+ years of experience using Looker
- Strong experience applying software engineering best practices to analytics (e.g. version control, testing, and CI/CD)
- Familiarity with at least one of these Cloud technologies: Snowflake, AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Solid experience with ELT and scheduling tools (e.g. Talend, Airflow)
- Familiarity with finance, customer, marketing and/or web analytics data
- Strong attention to details to highlight and address data quality issues
- Self-motivated, responsible and technology-driven individual who performs well both independently and as a team member
- Excellent time management and proactive problem-solving skills to meet critical deadlines
- Manage a small team of Data Analytics Engineers
- Design and implement high-performance, reusable, and scalable data models for our data warehouse to ensure our end-users get consistent and reliable answers when running their own analyses
- Design and implement Looker structures (explores, views, etc) which will enable users across the organisation to self-serve data
- Work closely with data analysts and product teams to understand business requirements and provide data ready for analysis and reporting
- Write complex yet optimised data transformations in SQL using dbt
- Schedule data transformation and analysis pipelines using airflow
- Continuously discover, transform, test, deploy and document data sources and data models
- Apply, help define, and champion data warehouse governance: data quality, testing, documentation, coding best practises and peer reviews
- Help interpret and migrate legacy SSRS reports to our data warehouse
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.