Risk and Fraud Associate
Operations – Risk and Fraud
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is looking for an ambitious and talented Risk & Fraud Associate to join our growing Team and support the risk assessment and monitoring of our global e-commerce merchants portfolio. The candidate will apply in-house methodology and use available reporting tools to conduct reliable and pro-active risk profiling, and report on risk to Management. Another key element of this role is to ensure that the company provides a transparent fraud management service by generating regular assessments of internal process and propose continuous improvement solutions.
The ideal candidate enjoys dealing with figures and is diligent and inquisitive, with a thorough attention to detail. This role requires proficiency on Excel and an ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner.
- Review any case of suspected fraud reported and take appropriate actions accordingly
- Regularly and pro-actively generate/review reports to early identify unusual processing patterns
- Conduct analysis and investigation on any merchant’s suspected fraudulent transactions by using multiple resources including customer contact, contacting banks and credit card issuer
- Create and communicate reports to Management and dedicated Relationship Managers on any concerns regarding existing merchant’s portfolio
- Formulate and execute chargeback/fraud mitigation plans
- Monitor merchant performance under card association risk compliance rules
- Maintain a strong relationship between merchants, acquiring banks and internal stakeholders
- Educate merchants on the fraud and chargeback management platform to support them
- Maintain an in-depth working knowledge of Card Scheme rules
- Review and promptly attend to customers’ requests through Checkout.com’s ticketing system
- Propose solutions to continuously improve current processes and procedures
- 1-3 years of experience in e-commerce and/or in Banking (Risk department) and/or in a customer service role would be appreciated
- Solution driven approach, with exemplary problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present analysis and recommendation in a succinct manner
- Excellent and demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to maintain knowledge and skills with an emphasis on continuous learning about new trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Fluency in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.