Senior QA Engineer
Technology – Quality Assurance
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the Role
Checkout.com is looking for a QA engineer who is not only thinking about finding bugs or approving stories, but someone who is also pro-active and will support our development squads to find long-term quality solutions. You will be joining a multi-disciplined and multi-cultural development and QA team, being involved from conception to deployment and ensuring that we ship the highest quality product to market.
As a QA engineer you will support the development squad by championing the test strategy for our prototype application builds and legacy applications. Your natural problem-solving skills, inquisitive mind and attention to detail will have a huge impact on the quality of our product.
- Perform test scoping, estimation, preparation and execution for application enhancements and bug fixes.
- Author detailed test plans, progress reports and end of test reports.
- Analyse requirements documentation and provide constructive feedback with detailed test estimations.
- Liaise with product managers, business analysts and developers to accurately understand the systems and produce effective test scripts and execution plans.
- Proactively engage with all stakeholders to close gaps in requirements.
- Define test scenarios based on business requirements written in the Gherkin language format.
- Debug, record and manage defects throughout their lifecycle.
- Own manual integration test activities on application services using a REST API client and SQL manager.
- Author new and update existing automated API integration tests using POSTMAN and mocha.js.
- Contribute to maintain our internal test automation framework and provide regular feedback for continuous improvement.
- Conduct team demos and learning sessions to ensure fluid collaboration and knowledge sharing within the QA and wider development squads
- Solid experience with manual and automated testing tools
- Strong testing background in REST API and Web GUI testing
- Experienced working with JSON data formats
- Experienced with API clients like POSTMAN, SOAPUI and Jmeter
- Experienced writing automated API tests
- Familiar with Node.js test frameworks like Mocha and Jasmine
- Excellent fault finding, debugging and diagnostic skills
- Ability to write basic SQL queries using SQL manager and application logging tools like SEQ
- Proven experience designing and implementing test plans and complex test scenarios
- Comfortable in an Agile environment with rapid application development
- Extremely organised, methodical whilst remaining logical and realistic to achieve targets
- Confident collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders whilst taking full ownership of all activities within your scope
.. and the "nice to have":
- ISTQB Qualified
- Exposure to Security and Performance testing
- Scrum Master experience
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.