Technology – IT Security and Infrastructure
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the Role
Checkout.com is hiring an AV Engineer to support our events and meetings internationally. We are looking for a talented and driven AV professional who is passionate about building and nurturing the technology to support these areas.
In this role, you will play a key part in executing tasks defined by the Events team and IT Operations. Your ability to organise, plan and execute on activities impacting all formats of events and meetings will be vital. You will be responsible for working well with colleagues across the business (VIPs, People Experience, Marketing and more) as well as overseeing external contractors to ensure that the events and meetings are successful. You will play a key role in budget management, planning and support of the events.
- Be a knowledgeable resource and contribute to the technical planning of events.
- Provide technical support throughout all stages of an event.
- Take ownership of AV tickets logged in our support system.
- Support the AV in meeting rooms; TVs, cameras, microphones, connectivity, etc.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of AV infrastructure around the business.
- Provide VIPs and end-users with professional and bespoke support for AV bookings.
- Rig and de-rig equipment for events and be available on-site for ad hoc technical issues when required.
- Experience in the project management of technology for events.
- Understand the different formats of video and audio - MP4, HDR, HDCP, Dante.
- Experience in Cloud hosted telephony and VC software; Zoom, WebEx, GoToMeeting.
- Experience with business-grade audio equipment; Shure, Sennheiser, Behringer.
- Experience with AV control systems such as Crestron or AMX.
- Experience in live event video streaming and camera control systems.
- Experience in operating and programming lighting and audio equipment.
- Understanding of network topologies and how AV data integrates into a network.
- Able to adapt and remain flexible to accommodate the needs of the business and event stakeholders.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and keep calm under pressure.
- Understanding of Health & Safety regulations and recommendations for events.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.