Operations Manager - AML
Operations – Compliance
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the Role
As an Operations Manager you will be directly responsible for managing agents in charge of customers’ AML reviews. You will be responsible for planning, directing and overseeing the work of your agents and ensure they meet deadlines and respect high standards of quality in the work they provide.
This role offers a unique exposure to our core business areas collaborating closely with both key internal players (Compliance, Sales, Legal teams and Top Management) and interface with some of our high value merchants and partners.
- Oversee, direct and quality assure work activities of the AML Operations Team
- Manage direct reports within the AML Operations team, driving performance and engagement
- Lead/support development and implementation of the anti-financial crime framework
- Maintain an effective oversight framework for overseas processing locations/centres
- Ensure KPIs are achieved across AML/KYC processes; develop reporting to oversee team and individual’s performance
- Perform deep dive analysis of end to end processes and controls to ensure we are always operating in the most efficient manner; drive initiatives to enhance or streamline processes
- Strong communication, organisational, problem solving, and analytical skills. The candidate should have the ability to establish credibility and strong partnerships with senior business leaders, control functions, and corporate partners globally.
- Ensure AML Operations Team members have appropriate training to perform their roles
- Oversee team mailboxes to ensure requests are handled / escalated in a timely manner
- Support audit and assurance reviews resolving any findings in a timely manner
- Obsessed with slick processes, always aiming for simplicity and efficiency
- Knowledge of AML/Sanctions compliance requirements and standards that impact a global financial services firm, such as KYC/client risk rating, transaction monitoring, suspicious activity reporting, client screening/sanctions requirements, and risk assessment
- Strong collaborator, communicator with the ability to influence stakeholders across organisations
- Readiness to work with busy schedules and tight deadlines
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Experience in a similar position
- Speaking French is a plus
- Understanding of Payment processing industry and/or e-commerce environment is a plus
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.