Senior Front End Engineer - Marketplaces
Technology – Software Engineering
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time.
About the Role
Joining a brand new team, you will work on the technical design, implementation, testing and deployment of several React single page applications composing Checkout's upcoming new risk solution. Candidates will also have the opportunity to contribute to a shared component library used thought the company.
About the Team – Marketplace
Marketplaces are a new market segment targeted by Checkout.com, that opens up an entirely new pool of opportunities. With an aspirational roadmap we aim to change the way online Marketplaces process payments today. The domain that you will lead is central to the success of this product as it focuses on the main asset of every online Marketplace: Their end-users.
This is a unique chance to join a truly transformational product at Checkout.com and in the payments industry at large.
- Work as part of a cross functional team to help drive the product development of Marketplaces
- Passionate about doing things in the right way and a willingness to help others when needed
- Driving best technology and software development practices into the team and wider organisation with passion and enthusiasm
- Assisting business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team
- Demonstrated web performance profiling and optimisation experience.
- CSS/JS Animations Experience
- Ability to work in an Agile and high-paced environment
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful design
- Docker experience
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
- Cloud-based application development experience (we use AWS)
- Not afraid to roll up the sleeves for any side projects when needed
- Excellent eye for Design
- Fluency in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.