Software Developer In Test - Prism
Technology – Quality Assurance /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the role
As a Software Developer in Test, you will have full ownership of the test strategy for your product including the creation of clean and repeatable automation tests. Your natural problem-solving skills, inquisitive mind and attention to detail will contribute towards a strong culture of quality across the organisation and have a significant impact on the service we provide.
About the team – Prism
Prism is Checkout.com's proprietary risk solution to protect merchants against fraud. By providing modular rules, customisable workflows, and machine learning to a broad range of data domains (transactions data, personal data, device data, behavioural data), we keep merchants in control. They can rely on Prism to cater for the complexity of their fraud issues, risk appetite, and volume growth. What makes Prism unique is that we do not focus on blocking fraud only: we work hand-in-hand with our merchants to protect their revenue and optimise their profitability.
Skills & Qualifications
- Solid experience working within a fast-paced Agile team
- Excellent fault finding, debugging and diagnostic skills
- Extremely organised and methodical whilst remaining pragmatic
- Confident collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Solid experience testing web applications or e-commerce platforms
- Experience with test automation using BDD and tools like Cypress and Selenium
- Experience testing REST APIs using POSTMAN or Swagger
- Familiar with Docker and the concept of virtual computing
- Experience implementing test automation for continuous integration
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyse complex business requirements and consistently provide constructive feedback
- Make an active contribution to all Agile rituals (standups, retros, planning, etc)
- Author test plans and supporting technical documentation
- Proactively engage with all stakeholders to close gaps in requirements
- Consistently perform manual exploratory tests when required
- Define and record test cases using Gherkin syntax
- Debug, record and manage defects throughout their lifecycle
- Track quality metrics and generate reports for stakeholders
- Contribute towards test framework maintenance
- Contribute towards testability in order to influence application design
- Contribute towards the wider QA community to facilitate knowledge sharing
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.