Senior IT Security Engineer
Technology – IT Security and Infrastructure
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is actively seeking an experienced Senior IT Security Engineer. The IT Security Engineer is a member of the Information Technology Security team. This role works independently and collaboratively with other members of the security team, IT and the various stakeholders and business units across the company in developing key components of the IT Security and Risk program.
The organisation is committed to innovation through the use of technologies both in the Cloud and On-Premise in order to achieve its goals. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to maximize their technical skills & expertise and systems contributions, as well as personal career development in a complex technology environment.
You'll be part of a central team working in a fast-paced and quality-conscious environment, with a primary focus on managing, monitoring and scaling our global AWS infrastructure and network. You will also help architect new services for performance and security, and recommend improvements to existing services. The candidate will work within a multi-disciplined team to provide expertise on network security design and architecture, provide solutions for integrating network feeds with risk assessment tools and ongoing security enhancement across the environments. Reporting to the VP of IT & Security and working side by side with IT teams and various product teams you will work on a range of small to medium sized projects to deliver our IT Security strategy.
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs.
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits.
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Responsible for providing network engineering and architects direction for security designing and engineering.
- Deep dive into our logs: understanding the trends, and creating alerts for unusual activity.
- Respond to information system security incidents, including investigation of counter-measures, recovery from computer-based attacks, unauthorized access, and policy breaches; interact and coordinate with third-party incident responders.
- Support the development and monitoring of Checkout Security Management processes and supporting tools ensuring we meet our regulatory obligations.
- Responsible for applying and ensuring that all enterprise and industry standards and best practices are followed in network security design and assessment.
- Develop, administer, advise, evaluate, and oversee information security training and awareness programs.
- Ensure that adequate documentation exists and is maintained for all core network security systems and actively share knowledge with the team and the broader IT Infrastructure organization.
- Administer authentication and access controls, including provisioning, changing, and de-provisioning of user and system accounts, security/access roles, and access permissions to information assets.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles, as a means of relating business needs to security controls.
- Bring security education to the forefront.
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer, for at least 5 years.
- Advanced knowledge of security engineering, system and network security authentication and security protocols, cryptography, application security.
- Detailed technical knowledge of network, database and operating system security.
- Hands on experience in configuring cloud based security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with network security, networking technologies, system security, and network monitoring tools.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience securing cloud based environment.
- Ability to wear multiple hats and to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Monitor security industry trends, developments and emerging threats including sharing insight with wider team.
- BSC degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Security related certification - CISSP, CTIA, OSCP, GPEN, CEH a plus.
- Strong and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Fluency in English.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.