QA Engineer - eCommerce Platforms
Technology – Quality Assurance /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the team
Consumer Payments is a group that focuses on providing non-PCI compliant merchants a suite of options to accept payments from their customers. As one of the few B2B2C areas of Checkout.com, our ambition is to create a world-class experience for both our merchants and consumers.
About the role
Checkout.com is actively looking for a talented QA Engineer responsible for the testing of eCommerce Platforms (WooCommerce, Magento, Opencart, Prestashop etc) within Checkout's online payment platform.
You will work against a pre-defined test strategy for your product and make a significant contribution towards scripting tests using a modern and cutting edge automation framework.
Your natural problem-solving skills, inquisitive mind and attention to detail will contribute towards a strong culture of quality across the organisation and have a significant impact on the service we provide.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of professional experience within e-commerce or fintech
- Good experience working within a fast-paced Agile team
- Excellent fault finding, debugging and diagnostic skills
- Understanding of micro-services
- Familiar with REST API and Web GUI testing
- Comfortable using SQL with an understanding of databases
- Comfortable using continuous integration tools like Teamcity and Jenkins
- Extremely organised and methodical whilst remaining pragmatic
- Confident collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Duties & Responsibilities
- Make an active contribution to all Agile rituals (standups, retros, planning,etc)
- Contribute towards testability in order to influence application design for effective testing
- Author test plans and supporting technical documentation
- Analyse complex business requirements and consistently provide constructive feedback
- Effectively collaborates to accurately understand the application under test
- Proactively engage with all stakeholders to close gaps in requirements
- Consistently execute web application tests manually
- Define and record test cases using the Gherkin language format
- Debug, record and manage defects throughout their lifecycle
- Track quality metrics and generate reports for stakeholders
- Contribute towards the wider QA community to facilitate knowledge sharing
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.