Operations – Operations
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
As a newly created position, the Operations Manager will be responsible for supporting the Commercial team in Paris as well as building the Operations team to facilitate Customers’ Onboarding and existing customers’ reviews and queries.
You will be responsible for planning, directing and overseeing merchants’ onboarding best practice and respect high standards of quality to facilitate a smooth experience on the merchant’s side.
This role offers a unique exposure to our core business areas collaborating closely with both key internal players (Business Development, Sales, Legal teams and Top Management) and interface with some of our high value merchants and partner
- Build and Lead the team to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation
- Knowledge of AML/Sanctions compliance requirements and standards that impact a global financial services firm, such as KYC/client risk rating, transaction monitoring, suspicious activity reporting, client screening/sanctions requirements, and risk assessment
- Understanding business risk assessment on new and existing customers to identify risky business practices and present appropriate mitigations
- Understand Scheme cards industry requirements for Acquirers
- Utilise previous consulting and industry experience to help Checkout set and achieve its long term goals
- Strong communication, organisational, problem solving, and analytical skills. The candidate should have the ability to establish credibility and strong partnerships with senior business leaders, control functions, and corporate partners globally
- Ability to manage numerous reviews, confidential and sensitive information in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- 6+ years’ Underwriting or Risk Management experience in the Ecommerce / Card industry
- Obsessed with slick processes, always aiming for simplicity and efficiency
- Strong collaborator, communicator with the ability to influence stakeholders across organisations
- Understanding of Payment processing industry and/or e-commerce environment is a plus
- Robust experience with AML, Due Diligence and Risk Management
- Excellent analytical skills - ability to analyse complex data
- Acute business acumen - ability to make holistic business recommendations
- Readiness to work with busy schedules and tight deadlines
- Internet/tech-Savvy with a passion for Internet and Technology
- Ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Fluent in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.