Payments Processing Associate
Hong Kong /
Finance – Operational Finance /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the role
Checkout.com is looking for a hands-on Payments Processing Associate to join our fast-growing Hong Kong office. The successful candidate will need to be an independent, high achieving individual, able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Merchant pay-outs to bank reconciliation
- Processing of Merchant Payments on various regional banking platforms
- Merchant statement creation, review and distribution
- Monitor and reconcile transactions and payment volumes across all our systems daily
- Input and review outgoing Merchant payments
- Assistance with daily treasury management
- Dealing with merchant payment queries and investigations
- Review processing data and analysis
- Weekly and monthly reporting
- Participation in ongoing projects around development of back office systems
- Reviewing processes and procedures
- Liaising with 3rd party providers (eg. Banks)
- Use strong problem solving skills and a deep understanding of our systems to resolve queries with our customers in mind
- Assisting the rest of the team as required
- Ad hoc reporting as required
- In-depth understanding of transactional payment processes
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with tight delivery schedules
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Process oriented and high level of attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Demonstrated experience of working within the financial services industry
- High level of proficiency with MS Excel (Highly desirable)
- Knowledge of SWIFT payments is highly desirable
- Process driven – You understand processes intuitively, are highly organised, and are constantly on the lookout to improve the way you work. You love tweaking things.
- Collaborative – You seek first to understand and then to be understood. You communicate your actions and intentions clearly - verbally as well as in a written form.
- Proactive – You have a proactive attitude towards problems. You pay attention to details and think about the implications of what you are doing.
- Most importantly, a team player - someone fully committed to their team and who takes pride in their work, both independently and as a collective.
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.