Strategy – Business Intelligence
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time.
About the role
Checkout.com is looking for an ambitious Senior Data Engineer, who wants to be part of a newly formed BI Data Team. Having built an amazing Payments Service Provider, we are now putting our efforts forward to develop state-of-the-art Analytical and Data Science capabilities.
As a Data Engineer you will build and maintain data pipelines solutions using a variety of technologies and programming languages. This role has a strong focus on data ingestion and back end data processing, connecting to data sources, extracting and loading data into our platform. You will build the type infrastructure that will enable reporting, analytics and data science capabilities, which will have a direct impact on how we run our business.
The candidate should be comfortable using various technologies, open source software, off the shelf software or Cloud solutions. Our Data Engineers are working closely with Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Business Intelligence Analysts, to provide the information and improvements the company is looking for. A candidate with a strong software engineering background, capable to take our best practices to the next level: including automation, code generation, CI/CD and testing would be advantageous.
- To participate in the advancement of our Data Warehousing roadmap
- To provide on-going support for developed BI technical architecture and Data Services
- To write internal documentation regarding each delivery
- To engage with team members and stakeholders to explain our capabilities and understand their requirements
- To collaborate with fellow Data Engineers in facilitating and contributing to product innovation through regular BI brainstorming sessions
- Technical affinity with Python, Bash, .NET or Java
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience with working with large datasets
- Experience in solution design; creative and innovative engineer who can also follow best practices
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Adapt and/or develop new processes and procedures while dealing with many varied technical support requests
...and the "nice to have"
- Data warehousing experience (Data Vault methodology is a strong advantage)
- Experience with Cloud and Analytics technologies on AWS like S3 and streaming engines: Kinesis or Kafka
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Snowflake warehouse experience is an advantage
- Affinity with Airflow and dbt also an advantage
- Experience with automation and templating engines
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.