Senior Brand Designer
Marketing – Marketing
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is right in the middle of an exciting brand re-imagination and is now looking for a talented Senior Brand Designer to join our fast-growing team. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with cross-functional teams to drive comprehensive brand and graphic design projects from ideation and strategy to execution, as well as coach junior members of the team.
Reporting to our VP Brand Design, you’ll work collaboratively to develop and execute on the vision and strategy of Brand Design at Checkout.com.
- Conceptualise and design brand experiences that communicate Checkout's values, features, and benefits across a variety of formats and platforms
- Bring a high level of design standards, practice, and aesthetics to all design solutions and executions
- Work to elevate the design practice and outside the box thinking in the team, and leading wider business stakeholders on a journey to deliver big and beautifully crafted, relevant brand moments
- Mentor and coach team members in order to raise the bar on our overall creative and strategic thinking
- 4+ years experience (in-house or agency) with a with a strong portfolio and passion projects to support
- Brand-led and understand the relationship between brand strategy, experience and design
- Experience in brand identity rollout(s) and no stranger to being in-between old and new, and manages that process with ease
- A creative problem solver who can think strategically, but also loves getting into the details that take design from good to great
- Capable of taking responsibility for owning, shaping, developing and delivering creative projects, and lead projects from concept through completion
- Know how to balance quick wins and bigger, more impactful pieces of work
- Have previously mentored/coached junior designers/artworkers and you inspire and motivate people to do their best work fully aligned with business goals
- Understand and have experience in corporate and B2B branding
- Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Able to defend your work, but also take creative feedback and execute updates in a professional manner
- Passionate about visual design and art direction, and up-to-date with the latest trends
- Flexible and willing to react quickly to changing demands of the business
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.