DevOps Engineer - ProcessOut
Technology – IT Security and Infrastructure
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com have announced the acquisition of payment optimisation startup ProcessOut in February. We have joined forces based on the shared mission of helping merchants accept more payments. The ProcessOut team is fast-moving, and expects to make a big impact within Checkout.com. They have built a modern payment platform from the ground up, and are now looking for a talented DevOps engineer to join in.
You will be working alongside talented DevOps engineers solving major Cloud challenges. You will be taking ownership of two primary goals: to help us meet & exceed infrastructure performance goals, and to build and extend the platform in new ways.
You will work with Terraform, Kubernetes, Packer, Ansible, and a collection of AWS services. Joining a high-growth global FinTech Company and collaborating with enthusiastic and excellence-driven engineers, you will gain exposure to a fast-scaling Cloud environment where you will be able to learn while making a real impact.
- Collaborate with passionate technologists across multiple disciplines to establish and meet security, resiliency and performance requirements.
- Design and operate infrastructure that processes millions of transactions every day.
- Work to create and distribute best-practices for future-proof service development to the rest of the team.
- Continuously evaluate the team’s workflow and contribute to its improvement and automation.
- Join our team in our on-call rotation to ensure the high performance of our payment platform.
- 2+ years of experience designing and operating distributed systems based on Linux.
- 1+ year experience with AWS/GCP/Azure.
- 1+ year experience with infrastructure-as-code, such as Terraform.
- Experience with scripting - Python, bash.
- Experience with CI / CD pipelines such as Jenkins.
- 1+ year experience with Docker.
- 1+ year experience with cluster orchestration systems (Kubernetes, Mesos, Nomad…).
- Experience with Git.
- Good knowledge of network infrastructure design & public cloud architecture.
- Self-motivated, able to deliver consistent results through problem solving.
- Autonomous, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal guidance.
- You have been responsible for running a service that processes high-value transactions.
- You have an existing track record in security.
- You are familiar with compliance requirements in cloud environments (PCI DSS, ISO 27001, SOC…).
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.